• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moving on and moving up...QB.

Captain Morgan

25 minutes ago, Verge said:

I kind of don't, but if you are the Panthers you have to work on the idea that they do want a QB.

I’m less worried about them taking a QB and more worried about them trading out of that spot with a SF. 
That restructure to Ryan’s deal makes it harder to move.  The idea and thought of them drafting a QB was off of Ryan’s contract, and how they could move off of him last year.

Just now, ncfan said:

I’m less worried about them taking a QB and more worried about them trading out of that spot with a SF. 
That restructure to Ryan’s deal makes it harder to move.  The idea and thought of them drafting a QB was off of Ryan’s contract, and how they could move off of him last year.

The pushback I will give here is that the san fran roster is built to win now.  Its not really one where a rookie qb can come in and win especially with a project like Fields or lance.  Our roster is more compatible with one of those 2 since we are a couple years away.  They are not.  They may just roll the dice with Jimmy and pray he doesnt get hurt again.  I just dont see them mortgaging the future for Fields

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The Niners would actually be a good spot for Mac Jones. He can step in right away when Jimmy gets hurt. They have a good offensive line/running game and a solid defense. He can get the ball out quick and make smart reads.

if jones would be good for them, why not for us?

Somebody will want to move up to 3 for a QB. Denver, SF, or us. For all of the back-and-forth with QB FAs, I hope we move to 3 and take "our guy" that doesn't go at 1 and 2. I'm tired of all of this guess work and the burned bridge with Teddy. 

Get Fields/Lance/Wilson at 3 and call it a day.....without giving up this year's 2nd round pick. 🙂

Edited by Soul Rebel

28 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Somebody will want to move up to 3 for a QB. Denver, SF, or us. For all of the back-and-forth with QB FAs, I hope we move to 3 and take "our guy" that doesn't go at 1 and 2. I'm tired of all of this guess work and the burned bridge with Teddy. 

Get Fields/Lance/Wilson at 3 and call it a day.....without giving up this year's 2nd round pick. 🙂

Hell why not move up to #2?  It seems Tepper is going to do whatever it takes to get one so might as well consider that as an option also. 

• Pie 1