• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moving on and moving up...QB.

Captain Morgan

Move up to 3 and get Wilson/Fields. Give up our #8 this year and a 1 and 3 next. Should be good enough as the Dolphins need a WR and 8 is a good slot for that. I never wanted Watson because of the crippling number of picks would mean for our competitiveness in year to come. And I am on record thinking Wilson is the next Aaron Rodgers. Fields with proper coaching can be excellent, but isn't as NFL ready as Wilson. Fields is not the next Haskins

The general rule is that future year picks devalue by one round per year.  So next year's first has the value of this year's second, etc.  It generally accounts for the random nature of teams having good seasons vs bad seasons.

I'd love to go up and get a QB, but I don't see how we can afford it.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

I'd still draft the best TE in Kyle Pitts and his QB Kyle Trask by moving into the bottom of the first round.

The 2Kyles would fix our offense for years to come, not having given up everything.

Taking a TE in the top 10 and drafting KYLE TRASK with a trade up into the late 1st?

I think Fitterer wants to keep his job at least until he can make it to the regular season.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, bobcat91 said:

Move up to 3 and get Wilson/Fields. Give up our #8 this year and a 1 and 3 next. Should be good enough as the Dolphins need a WR and 8 is a good slot for that. I never wanted Watson because of the crippling number of picks would mean for our competitiveness in year to come. And I am on record thinking Wilson is the next Aaron Rodgers. Fields with proper coaching can be excellent, but isn't as NFL ready as Wilson. Fields is not the next Haskins

You want Wilson, you're probably gonna need to trade up to #2.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Taking a TE in the top 10 and drafting KYLE TRASK with a trade up into the late 1st?

I think Fitterer wants to keep his job at least until he can make it to the regular season.

Potentially great tight end reunited with his Heisman candidate QB? Not a bad start and better than the nonsense that's been going on.

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Potentially great tight end reunited with his Heisman candidate QB? Not a bad start and better than the nonsense that's been going on.

Drafting Trask earlier than the 4th would be a reach. Trading back into the 1st to draft him probably gets you fired before the 2nd round starts.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Atlanta will almost certainly trade down from 4 because they are fine with Ryan.  Moving up 4 spots to get either Lance or Fields is a solid plan. 

The only way we're getting #4 from a division rivals is if they feel like they're absolutely fleecing us. It would probably take an RG3 type trade.

• Pie 4