• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

17 minutes ago, Mage said:

Future picks are low in value for a reason.

This.  Discounted for next year, this is the 2021 equivalent of a 3rd and 5th.  
Get back to me during training camp when we can see if Rhule and Brady can coach him up, along with the possible beneficial impact of whomever we draft this year.  Bet there is some OL help coming in the early rounds of this draft.

5 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

Its not a bad move for what we gave up. Draft picks are overrated. You win in this league by being aggressive. Titans fans were saying the same thing about Ryan Tannehill when they got him, blah blah, he sucks....

It has worked out for them and they are now contenders.

Difference is despite what people think Ryan Tannehill put up pretty good numbers and improved almost every year despite having a crappy team around him for most of that time and still learning the QB posting because he was a WR in college.

9 minutes ago, joemac said:

In what world do you think it only costs a 2nd, 4th and 6th to move up from 8?

Exactly. We couldn’t have gotten to six for this price. 

• Pie 1

Great moved. Now we trade back and draft 2 starter OL and we are set. Build the freaking line first, worst case we sign a veteran QB like Rogers but have a beast line like the 05 Broncos and last year Bucs as reference.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1
2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

please please please

He dominated Chase Young

Though... I can't lie... a QB room that goes from Teddy Bridgewater, PJ Walker, and Will Grier to Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Darnold, and Justin Fields sounds kinda hawt 👀

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

I mean, the Jets started a near 40 year old RB last year.  Got no talent at WR.  Have horrible coaches.

Sam Darnold sucked.  He might suck here.  But there was no possible outcome for any QB but to suck in NY. 

• Pie 1

RIP hopes of Trey Lance.  At least I won’t be as anxious heading into the draft.  We should be able to draft a good player with the huge run on QB’s that’s likely to happen 

Just now, firefox1234 said:

Agreed. History says it is likely only one QB of this draft class succeeds and even extremely unlikely for 2 or more. 

I will say I’d disagree on 1 QB. This is a very good class at the top. When that’s happened before you’ve have 3 first round QBs (1983, 2004, 2017/2018). 5 (hopefully 6 for us) good 1st round QBs in 2017/2018.

If you don’t think this is a good QB draft that’s fine but this was a draft people pointed to after 2019 having 3 potential first rounders before Wilson and Jones so IMHO this is one of those good QB drafts and I wouldn’t be shocked if 3 turned out solid.

• Pie 1
3 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Difference is despite what people think Ryan Tannehill put up pretty good numbers and improved almost every year despite having a crappy team around him for most of that time and still learning the QB posting because he was a WR in college.

the teams around Tannehill and Darnold aren't really comparable though.   Tannehill's weren't great.  But many of his teams looked pretty dang solid vs what we saw in NY.  Especially this year.