Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

The less they know the better.


Recommended Posts

If Jones, Lance or Fields is available at #8 we may take a swing at QB. If Jones somehow makes it past San Francisco and is still there at #8 we will definitely take him.

Darnold is being given a shot, but we may want to have a chance to shoot both barrels into this season and see if one hits.

The upside is too big to pass up on. Finding THE QB is just that important in winning. And that lack of picking up the option on Darnold yet may mean the offer may look like a back-up QB salary rather than a starter's salary depending on our draft pick.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

If Jones, Lance or Fields is available at #8 we may take a swing at QB. If Jones somehow makes it past San Francisco and is still there at #8 we will definitely take him.

Darnold is being given a shot, but we may want to have a chance to shoot both barrels into this season and see if one hits.

The upside is too big to pass up on. Finding THE QB is just that important in winning. And that lack of picking up the option on Darnold yet may mean the offer may look like a back-up QB salary rather than a starter's salary depending on our draft pick.

 

There's been many hints that the Panthers don't necessarily think all of the top five are capable of being "THE QB".

If you don't believe that, then you take the best non-QB available.

  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Drafting a qb at 8 will derail any hope you had in restoring Darnold.  He just left a franchise that gave up on him a a few years, drafting a qb at 8 will show Carolina has no faith and giving up on him in a few weeks before he has a chance to prove himself.  He will go through the offseason with zero confidence and thats not what you want in a franchise qb.

  • Pie 3
  • Poo 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's been many hints that the Panthers don't necessarily think all of the top five are capable of being "THE QB".

If you don't believe that, then you take the best non-QB available.

The staff pretty much hashed out the Darnold trade at Fields pro day. That says a lot in itself.

  • Pie 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chknwing said:

Drafting a qb at 8 will derail any hope you had in restoring Darnold.  He just left a franchise that gave up on him a a few years, drafting a qb at 8 will show Carolina has no faith and giving up on him in a few weeks before he has a chance to prove himself.  He will go through the offseason with zero confidence and thats not what you want in a franchise qb.

If he's that mentally weak then being a nfl qb probably isnt going to work out. 

  • Pie 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...