• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamarr chase at 8?

RIPTreyLance

If one of the 2 LT is there at 8, you run to make that selection. If not, trade back, pick up picks and get Darisaw. We wasted a lot of talent by having a crappy OL. We are finally in a position to change that. You can find WR in round 3, like Agent 89. Star LT, not. Dont over think this

40 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

If one of the 2 LT is there at 8, you run to make that selection. If not, trade back, pick up picks and get Darisaw. We wasted a lot of talent by having a crappy OL. We are finally in a position to change that. You can find WR in round 3, like Agent 89. Star LT, not. Dont over think this

That’s where I stand.  While I would like to watch Pitts, Chase, Waddle but we have a highly paid RB that will be worthless unless we can block for him.   Get a LT and Darnold stays upright and CMC has holes to run through giving the team 3rd an manageable downs.  I don’t want to spend the season watching Darnold on 3rd and 9 running for his life like he has been.  

I know I will get slammed for this but the swing for the fence play is Fitterer thinking Little is gonna show up this year. (Yes I know there has been nothing to suggest that happens) If Little can take the starting role at LT  you have options of Eiflen or Erving at LG and they get a Pitts, Chase, Waddle this offense could be awesome.  But that is a huge gamble and not one I am comfortable with.  But would be doing back flips if it turns out that way.  

18 hours ago, OldhamA said:

If you're willing to take Pitts at #8 you should be willing to take a WR at #8.

Uh no. Those are not in the same seeing as one position is a strength and the other is a weakness. Chase is not the pick especially with Robby, Dj, Moore, etc, etc. TE on the other hand is a relative unknown and having a top tier prospect as a TE only opens up the playbook and helps Darnold (or whomever is the QB) to succeed. Chase would be a wasted pick in the relative short term. Tight End is lacking and if Pitts and Chase are there (all OT's gone), I hope this brass has some brain cells and makes the right call and choses Pitts and solidifies that position for a decade or more. 

That's the thing about this pick. We're in a prime spot to take the best available player that is also a need due to how the board shakes up. WR is not one of them tho. 

8 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

That’s where I stand.  While I would like to watch Pitts, Chase, Waddle but we have a highly paid RB that will be worthless unless we can block for him.   Get a LT and Darnold stays upright and CMC has holes to run through giving the team 3rd an manageable downs.  I don’t want to spend the season watching Darnold on 3rd and 9 running for his life like he has been.  

I know I will get slammed for this but the swing for the fence play is Fitterer thinking Little is gonna show up this year. (Yes I know there has been nothing to suggest that happens) If Little can take the starting role at LT  you have options of Eiflen or Erving at LG and they get a Pitts, Chase, Waddle this offense could be awesome.  But that is a huge gamble and not one I am comfortable with.  But would be doing back flips if it turns out that way.  

I just want to put this out there before we RUSH to get a tackle not named Sewell. There is an OT from Alabama who is 6’6” with 34in wingspan who won the Outland trophy......projected in the second round. 

6 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

I just want to put this out there before we RUSH to get a tackle not named Sewell. There is an OT from Alabama who is 6’6” with 34in wingspan who won the Outland trophy......projected in the second round. 

And struggles with speed on the edge.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

And struggles with speed on the edge.

Yep. All of the 2nd tier tackles that will go in the late first early 2nd all of some significant cons to their game.  Whether it’s size strength injury speed etc they all have something.  Just take one of the top 2 and be done with it.  Let’s not get cute for once.  Draft a damn left tackle in the top ten.  Worked out pretty well the last time we did it.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yep. All of the 2nd tier tackles that will go in the late first early 2nd all of some significant cons to their game.  Whether it’s size strength injury speed etc they all have something.  Just take one of the top 2 and be done with it.  Let’s not get cute for once.  Draft a damn left tackle in the top ten.  Worked out pretty well the last time we did it.  

Ok but the projection for Slater is that he’s small. He’s 6’3” with short arms. Not exactly franchise LT build. So if there’s another player there who is more elite....why reach for a guy who is actually closer Leatherwood than Sewell. That’s all I’m saying. 

8 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Ok but the projection for Slater is that he’s small. He’s 6’3” with short arms. Not exactly franchise LT build. So if there’s another player there who is more elite....why reach for a guy who is actually closer Leatherwood than Sewell. That’s all I’m saying. 

Yes or no question.   Could a 23 year old Jordan gross play left tackle in 2021?  It’s a simple yes or no. 

On 4/14/2021 at 4:27 AM, RIPTreyLance said:

Hear me out. I know we never invest in left tackles and this is a prime opportunity to do so, but if Kyle pitts and Penei Sewell are gone, would anyone really be MAD about picking Chase? By all accounts he's the best prospect we've seen since julio. 

Can you truly be mad taking Julio Jones at 8?

I think there were some better PROSPECTS since Julio. He was not as hyped as some prospects, and I think some of that had to do with the preconceived 'Julio can't catch' notion. Maybe none that played out, but...

This would give Darnold/Bridgewater a solid weapon.