• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Jets scout Daniel Kelly on Trey Lance

mccjeff

1 hour ago, blueandblackattack said:

I would agree with the 'absolutes' part, but there is precedence, now more than ever that college QB's are way more polished and have more snaps per capita than quarterbacks of yesteryear.

Joe Burrow comes to mind.

image.png.fa56ce9327a79d2714fccffc5afc23dd.png

Kyler Murray

image.png.5a2f67643419e0fdb67637de92bf6585.png

Perhaps Zach Wilson will make that leap as well as Lance.

Granted, it's still more of a gamble than someones who's done it consistently, but there's more coming that seem to be making the jump in the last few years, so I wouldn't completely discount it.

Oh absolutely - same with Mac Jones this year, albeit Jones, Murray and Burrow did it on National Championship contending (and winning) teams. 

Lance would be off my board until the second round if I was a GM. There's just not enough data on him against quality opposition. If someone picks him high and he turns out to be a superstar then all credit to them - they've gambled and won. 

I'm very much a floor guy. 

• Pie 3

On 4/21/2021 at 9:42 AM, Call Me James said:

Former.

Jets. 

You see where I'm going. 

If he was a former NFL scout, he certainly knows more than you and has good input to provide. 

I'm not sure the majority of the Hiuddle comprehends the talent difference between division 2 and division 1 football (particularly division 2 to a power 5 conference). In addition to Lance facing garbage competition in college, how did he land at a Division 2 college coming out of high school? I wouldn't touch this guy. 

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

There is no way i agree with Daniel Kelly on his brutal evaluation. Trey Lance may need a little time to develop further but he has all the talent and physical tool to obtain a high upside.

51:50 here they talk about Lance and give some great stats.  https://www.theringer.com/2021/4/21/22395141/the-nfl-draft-take-purge

27 starts ever.  High school/college combined.  Thats a concern

Run heavy offense in high school only 113 total passes in high school.  53% completion Thats a concern

319 pass attempts in college.  Thats a concern

Add all of that up and Lance is way behind the 8 ball and its going to take a long long time to get him up to speed.  Like I said all along I think Rhule and Co took a look at him and decided it was just too much to try and get him at 8 and get him ready.

On 4/21/2021 at 9:52 AM, vorbis said:

I've seen several scout types say that Lance has unequivocally the best arm in the draft class, so for this scout to be so definitive about his lack of arm strength relative to other busts... I dunno. it felt personal to me. certainly did not come across as impartial. far from it. proceed with caution.

Felt personal to me, too.  Like he was cucked by Trey Lance on his anniversary or something.  Lance has his flaws, but arm strength is not one of them.  I still think Lance will be a beast.  

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

Wow...that guy sounds like a real arrogant ass. Certainly not a professional. 

I am sure Lance will keep that clip close by. People doubting him seem to have motivated him. I hope Lance goes to a good situation and becomes successful.

I got shades of the “fake smile” take by Nawrocki about Cam.  Someone with an axe to grind for whatever reason.  

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, USC/panthers_11 said:

If he was a former NFL scout, he certainly knows more than you and has good input to provide. 

I'm not sure the majority of the Hiuddle comprehends the talent difference between division 2 and division 1 football (particularly division 2 to a power 5 conference). In addition to Lance facing garbage competition in college, how did he land at a Division 2 college coming out of high school? I wouldn't touch this guy. 

What do mean if. He is. And nothing suggests he was good at his job. 

But I'm not really going to waste energy responding to an account someone made to troll the Watson thread. 

And I don't care jack poo about your opinion. 

Edited by Call Me James
  • Poo 1