• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would the Panthers sign Lamar Jackson if the Ravens dump him?

SizzleBuzz

25 minutes ago, Leotiger said:

With Tepper willingness to go all in for a top qb talent ... you think it might be considered, for how much the cost will be probably not 

but what do you think a deal would be for Lamer ?

Teddy 

next years 1st ???

LOL. 3 firsts probably at a minimum. You remember all the chatter around Watson? Yeah well Watson has never won an MVP award.

2 hours ago, Donald LaFell said:

It’s a cool idea for sure 

I'm not under any delusions that teams will do this. Especially Baltimore. The players and the city love Lamar.

And to be clear, if I were GM in this scenario and landed a Patrick Mahomes or a Joe Montana, I would pay them. There's a reason QBs are so overpaid. Because a great one is the biggest game changer. 

I'd still draft a backup every year to sit on the bench behind him and develop, though. 

I'd sure hope not, seeing as I don't think he's that good of a QB.

He shocked the league 2 years ago, this past season they already started to adjust to him and struggled, it won't be long until he's a below average QB who can't stay healthy due to his size and not being big enough to run as constantly as he does to take the hits that comes with it.

I'm a hard pass on him at any contract number, his body type and style of game just aren't conducive to being a long term franchise QB.  

Hell, if Cam couldn't do it, why does anyone think someone half his size without the same passing ability will be able to do it?

Edited by tukafan21