• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have to go tackle in the second round, right?

NAS

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

You shouldn't draft for need but we just took a corner at 8 after last years draft was focused entirely on the defense. We are now hinging our season on a reclamation project behind center. Uh you kind of need to do your best to protect that investment and Greg Little and a bunch of jags isn't it.

I wouldn't bet on Greg Little even making the final roster.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Great question.  No.  We could go WR, S, or OL. 

Remember, Rhule was at the SR Bowl, and going from memory (which is a red flagged warning) there were several OL he liked. He has vets right now to fill the voids, but I have no idea what we will do.  Do you leave Trevon Moehrig on the table to take Sam Cosmi?  I do not.  Rhule has been in love with Richie Grant (S, UCF) for some time.  I'd rather have a T, but there is that.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Great question.  No.  We could go WR, S, or OL. 

Remember, Rhule was at the SR Bowl, and going from memory (which is a red flagged warning) there were several OL he liked. He has vets right now to fill the voids, but I have no idea what we will do.  Do you leave Trevon Moehrig on the table to take Sam Cosmi?  I do not.  Rhule has been in love with Richie Grant (S, UCF) for some time.  I'd rather have a T, but there is that.

Yea I’d bet that our board probably has Moehrig and Grant before any lineman right now. Obviously if both those guys are gone, and I can at least see Jax taking one, then we have some nice options remaining at OL.

• Pie 1

Whatever everyone else thinks, the FO seems to like Erving and Elflein. The contracts make that obvious. I don't think that they're in an o-line or bust thought process right now. And the secondary last year was just about as bad as the offensive line, we just masked it by dropping eight guys all the time. I see a trade back to the middle of the second round where they can grab whoever's left in this tier and accumulate some picks. When you need help basically everywhere, that's the smart move.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Monrowed said:

I tend to agree with this. I believe that their philosophy is that they can get a tough group of guys and coach them up to beat teams with grit and scheme. Rhule is a defensive minded coach and it should not surprise anyone when he leans towards the defensive side of the ball.

He coached Oline in New York for the Giants.

He knows what it's about - but again it's a BPA drafting policy.

29 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

Whatever everyone else thinks, the FO seems to like Erving and Elflein. The contracts make that obvious. I don't think that they're in an o-line or bust thought process right now. And the secondary last year was just about as bad as the offensive line, we just masked it by dropping eight guys all the time. I see a trade back to the middle of the second round where they can grab whoever's left in this tier and accumulate some picks. When you need help basically everywhere, that's the smart move.

Agree.  I actually like Eiflein a lot I think he plays LG this year and slides over to C next year.  If Moerig is there you have to take him.  Otherwise slide back and grab Grant.  Go T in third,  At this point, i don't think there is a rookie LT that is ready to start day 1 anyway, but there are some guys that will be ready by mid-season.

The defense is starting to look nasty.

• Pie 1