• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grading how the draft was run

Mr. Scot

9 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We left a ton and I mean a ton of talent go by when we traded our 2nd.  I get they want volume but godalmighty I see at a lot of talent we just ignored and the settled for a hurt WR.   Damn.

If we are grading I am being generous giving it a B-

Counter point. Many had him graded as a first round WR before his medical concerns surfaced. If our staff isn’t worried about it then he could be one of the steals of the draft. Hell, if he can just give us 4 years of WR1 caliber play then it was a great pick considering we got him late in the second along with two additional 3rds

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I mean, they all might suck nuts. You just don't know until they play but right now I'm HYPE AS fug. I feel that this could definitely be one of our best drafts ever if not probably the best if everyone works out like I think they might.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Floppin said:

I mean, they all might suck nuts. You just don't know until they play but right now I'm HYPE AS fug. I feel that this could definitely be one of our best drafts ever if not probably the best if everyone works out like I think they might.

it's hard not to be excited about this haul. it's hard not to be excited to see what this team of fitt and rhule do with one year under their belt. going to be amazing to watch. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, rayzor said:

knocked it out of the park, esp. today. 

Most fun i've had watching a draft ever. i'm exhausted.

once you sit back and look at what they brought in...wow. could be 4 or 5 eventual starters in there, 2 or 3 will probably start day one (Horn, Marshall, Christensen, Nixon, Brown...and that's not counting fletcher who should have it easy replacing Jansen just on cost alone). And among those other guys could easily be several who are solid contributors for years. 

• Round 1, pick 8 – Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina - immediate starter, future probowler
  • Round 2, pick 59 (from CLE) – Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU - May not be an immediate starter over robby anderson, but definitely will get lots of time. big time potential. huge weapon.
  • Round 3, pick 70 (from PHI) – Brady Christensen, OT, BYU - could be our LT. Great on the OL wherever he plays. quick starter
  • Round 3, pick 83 - Tommy Tremble, TE, ND - frikkin bruiser. the next hoover.
  • Round 4: No. 126 (from TEN) – Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State really exciting player who spells in for CMC.
  • Round 5: No. 158 (from From NE through HOU) – Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa - disruptive DT who won't take long to become a long term starter beside Derrick Brown. 
  • Round 5: No. 166 (from TEN) – Keith Taylor, CB, Washington - really good depth at CB and fits the new press man scheme
  • Round 6, pick 193 – Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama - should be an immediate starter at OG. Dude won't be moved.
  • Round 6, pick 204 (from CHI) – Shi Smith, WR, South Carolina - Good depth at slot. good gadget guy. maybe a returner?
  • Round 6, pick 222 – Thomas Fletcher, LS, Alabama - reliable long snapper for the next 10+ years
  • Round 7: No. 232 – Phil Hoskins, DT, Kentucky - who knows? 7th rounder...doesn't matter. could be good special teams lineman.

I'm finding it hard to be upset at this draft. We are definitely better off today than we were at any point last year.

Great analysis. 8 picks in 3-6 is a huge plus and several of these guys should get solid reps on Sundays.  I think this is a very good draft. 

• Pie 1

While I don't agree with every trade and pick, I feel like this was a more cerebral draft than anything Hurney did ... Or was capable of doing.  Been a PSL owner since 95 and I don't need to agree with EVERY decision to get behind it.  Let's roll and move forward.  Overall, excited about the additions.  Hope they make the most of it.

Edited by tailg8or
  • Beer 1

3rd day made me a little more comfortable with the first 2. 

Horn I'm warming up to. Would have took Slater in the first. And JOK or Moehrig in the 2nd. OR.. even Slater then doubled down with Jenkins or Randunz. I just dont fully get the logic but it's not my job to. Think we could have went down 3-4 spots and still grabbed our db. I think Jaycee is to offset Pitts. And the Marshall Jr pick is namely for 2022, as of now he's probably 4th on the depth chart. I will say this though, it is ALOT of "future" potential in this haul. The fan in me says we may have walked away with 5-6 future starters if they reach that potential. In the real world, we're probably looking at 3. 

• Pie 1