• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Day 3 General Discussion

Just now, stbugs said:

WTF does this do for us? At some point you are just collecting PS competition. If you have some 2nd and 3rd round grades just draft them and be done. 11 guys? 4-5 of them will be cut just based on numbers game.

cast a wide net might get a starter?

• Pie 2

staying patient...knowing their board...accumulating picks to move up for no cost to snag someone they covet before someone else can.

I know I know...it's all so new to us.

• Pie 2

Just now, stbugs said:

WTF does this do for us? At some point you are just collecting PS competition. If you have some 2nd and 3rd round grades just draft them and be done. 11 guys? 4-5 of them will be cut just based on numbers game.

So getting more picks to get them is a problem for you..

Just now, Happy Panther said:

cast a wide net might get a starter?

How about just taking the guy you thought had a 2nd round grade? Wouldn’t that be the best chance to get a starter, a guy you would have taken at Marshall’s pick?

Just now, stbugs said:

How about just taking the guy you thought had a 2nd round grade? Wouldn’t that be the best chance to get a starter, a guy you would have taken at Marshall’s pick?

Smokescreen 

• Pie 1

Just now, Cdparr7 said:

Does Fitterer know quality is more important than quantity? 

It’s like he thinks who drafts the most people wins.

Fitterer: I got 16 people

Fanbase: There’s no starting safety or LT

Fitterer: But I got 16 people

• Pie 3

Just now, Black&BlueBubba said:

11 picks in this draft and a 4th next year. 

I am in love with Fit. 

Exactly.. Went in with 6 and leave with 11 players.. Omg a GM knowing what he is doing..

• Pie 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• sam.jpg

• Topics

• I hope so and believe the current management is setting the team up for sustained success, but objectively speaking, it's hard to find a team in the modern NFL that competes perennially that doesn't have a true franchise QB. Injuries are too much of an unknown on otherwise good teams. A franchise QB can cover for a lot of other deficiencies... exhibit A was Cam in 2015 elevating the offense mostly on his own. I'm excited about this team and the culture Rhule is creating, but that alone can't elevate this team without an above-average to elite level QB play. Sam has surprised me by how well he has looked, but it's simply too small of a sample size to make any pronouncements. If anything, it may take the whole year. If Sam can be that guy, I certainly think Rhule can create a perennial contender. Otherwise it's back to drawing board again. But, I do think Rhule is smart enough to know all of this, hence why we got rid of Teddy so fast.  Nothing, not even great coaching and personnel, can ultimately substitute for a truly elite QB
    • Sam doesn't get enough credit for his accuracy, imo.    It's always "he sucks, he was on the Jets and sucked.  Did I mention he sucks?  Did I also mention I wanted Justin Fields? WAAAAH!" by the Peanut Gallery. Anyway, yeah.   Sam can make some plays on the run.    He also has to be careful in making sure that the person he's throwing to is wide open and not try to force it 'cause that's where he would get in trouble. He's already had 2 such passes (one in both the Jets and Saints game) where he was almost picked off because of that.    Sometimes the Hero Ball comes out of Sam....and he needs to learn that throwing the ball away and trying again in the Next down is wiser than rolling the dice....  
    • WR Devin Hester WR Steve Smith OL Jake Long C Nick Mangold DL Robert Mathis DL Vince Wilfork