• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN's Marcus Spears on Matt Rhule

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Norv Turner was successful WAY before he coached Teddy. This obsession/reaching for data is getting pretty bad... My point was if he is so great more teams would have offered more for him.

Your idea of success will come in smaller and smaller bites as the reality of your situation sinks in. The phrase "not a complete disaster," will become Huddle buzzwords.  I get it. You're a bit punch drunk swinging from Watson to Darnold in less than a month. To you success is a moving target. 

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

Yup, they're so excited about it that the third year of the contract had to be renegotiated away to avoid any 2022 financial commitment and Carolina had to eat so much of the salary that Denver is only paying $3MM, barely more than Blaine Gabbert just re-signed for in Tampa, with another $1.25MM in potential bonus.

Nothing else to be said, as that tells the entire story. Good luck in Denver, both to you and Teddy.

How bad did Carolina get hosed in this deal? The term laughing stock comes to mind. This deal was so bad, that the team name will become a verb, as in you just got Panthered.  However, that wasn't even the deal of the month. The Jets barely had time to make their getaway before the Broncos came looking for sloppy seconds. The morning after is going to be rough. 

The sad part of all of this is that it didn't have to be this way. One more year with Teddy would not have been this disastrous. Teddy had enough of the lip from a team who thought that they were better than they were, and he bailed, plain and simple. You never had any leverage here. Teddy went dark after Tepper bumped his gums about finding a Super Bowl quarterback and the Panthers started monkey branching from Stafford, to Watson to Sam freaking Darnold. Yall forgot to stop digging, and now you are in a hole with one way out and that's through the basement.

There's a lot more to say. Mostly from this bunch trying to make chicken salad out of chicken poo.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 3

1 hour ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

Your idea of success will come in smaller and smaller bites as the reality of your situation sinks in. The phrase "not a complete disaster," will become Huddle buzzwords.  I get it. You're a bit punch drunk swinging from Watson to Darnold in less than a month. To you success is a moving target. 

How bad did Carolina get hosed in this deal? The term laughing stock comes to mind. This deal was so bad, that the team name will become a verb, as in you just got Panthered.  However, that wasn't even the deal of the month. The Jets barely had time to make their getaway before the Broncos came looking for sloppy seconds. The morning after is going to be rough. 

The sad part of all of this is that it didn't have to be this way. One more year with Teddy would not have been this disastrous. Teddy had enough of the lip from a team who thought that they were better than they were, and he bailed, plain and simple. You never had any leverage here. Teddy went dark after Tepper bumped his gums about finding a Super Bowl quarterback and the Panthers started monkey branching from Stafford, to Watson to Sam freaking Darnold. Yall forgot to stop digging, and now you are in a hole with one way out and that's through the basement.

There's a lot more to say. Mostly from this bunch trying to make chicken salad out of chicken poo.

You have these responses ready without knowing who you are taking to. I have been very critical of Darnold. I still HOPE he plays well, but his turnovers are definitely a concern. It’s just comical how you are all in on a below average guy. Norv was successful BEFORE Teddy, he did not make him a coach. I suppose you think he made Sean Payton a good coach too right? He was on teams with great rosters and coaches with allowed him to play conservative ball and still win. When he needed to step up on a below average roster like last year he could not. He simply isn’t that guy that can elevate a team and he is no longer a Panther. Go put your big boy pants on and move on or go become a Denver fan and hope he can beat out Lock up there.

1 hour ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

Nobody cares, Teddy!

• Beer 1

Just now, Moo Daeng said:

I like Teddy and am not thrilled with the hate he gets. (,or the hate any athlete gets for performance). However this troll is pathetic.

This is how I feel.  I hope (and think he does) does well next season.  It probably wasnt right what the team did to him but then again we paid him $40+ million so I think he is going to be alright with it

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I like Teddy and am not thrilled with the hate he gets. (,or the hate any athlete gets for performance). However this troll is pathetic.

Whether you like Teddy or not, you smell just as bad as the rest of them through proximity. You know, the lie down with dogs kind of thing.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 4

The biggest issue that I had with Teddy is not his stats, he had basically 3, 1000 yard receivers, but that he just was not aggressive enough. 

I hate giving player demeaning nicknames but Teddy 'Check down' is 100% accurate. 

I dont really know what another year here would have solved. He was an accurate passer and ran the offense effectively but he didn't have that 'it' that won games.

I think that with his skill set Teddy could have a very good and long career as a high end back up .. if he chooses to. 

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

It's funny how the last offensive coordinator to go to the playoff with Minnesota managed to get Teddy Bridgewater to come to Denver. You'll never understand, because you've been brow beaten by this Huddle crowd hopped up on hopium. You'll never understand because you believe that every team that Teddy has played for was magically good while he was there and tragically worse since he left. That's because you don't know what a good team looks like. If you did, you wouldn't be so happy with the backwards trajectory of your team.

Since I no longer have a dog in this fight, I'm going to sit to the side and watch you howl at the moon while wallowing in the suck that is the Carolina Panthers.  

Were you only here because of Teddy B? Rofl

• Beer 1

On 5/5/2021 at 4:24 PM, Breakpoint4510 said:

Rhule ain't got long for this job. He just traded a coach maker for a coach killer. Sam's working on his third coach in three years, with one going on to build a Super Bowl winning defense. Talk about seeing ghost; there's going to be some reunions going on with Sam having to face old nemesis from the AFC East. You folks will be lucky to put two wins together this year, and by this time next year yall will be looking for another qb, and possibly another coach while having to pay Sam's 5th year guarantee. 

Can't blame Hurney for this one.

59 poo!!!!! Now THAT is impressive.  59 poo. Damm, I just can't get over that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2