• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marcus Spears: "I want him to be petty!"

Mr. Scot

That should be at least slightly true given the inherent competitiveness of the sport.  I too hope its gonna be fuel to light a fire under his ass to be the 1st round pick he was supposed to be all along.  That means CAR is winning more than it's losing this year.

• Pie 1

No doubt Darnold marked his calendar with the Jets game and will be happy to redeem himself. And some guys like Steve Smith play better with a chip on their shoulder. But I want my quarterback focused on running our offense and scoring points controlling the clock. I would say unemotionally and surgically dissect their defense. But I did like to see Jake come out all  Cajun fiery willing the team down the field. Or Cam taking everyone on running it to move the chains. Darnold has big shoes to fill. He should be used to the pressure coming from New York. But it is a lot. Hope he is up to it because our expectations are really high. He saw Bridgewater last a year so he knows he has 2 years to sink or swim. Otherwise we will move on to the next great QB prospect.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

On the flip side, Jets looking to destroy what's left of Darnold's career to prove they finally got it right.

That's true.

But I have a feeling they will fail.   Remember that the Jets are going to be on the road in our house.

And from the times I've watched them, they normally don't do so well on the road as opposed to at home.  Not talking about when Sam was there, but in general with other QBs. 

I like our chances.

• Poo 1