• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will winning cure all Panthers ills?

Zod

14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Until you remember that we started the last three years 14-7. It was finishing 3-24 that was the not so fun part.

Yeah, those 6-8 game losing streaks in the second half of the season really suck.  Hopefully we've gotten all of those out of our system. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I wasn't aware that the Panthers had been replaced with a new franchise or that the team's records had been reset because they hired a new GM. The team's history is over 20 years old at this point, not 1 despite the change in management.

This is Rhule's second year. It would be disingenuous to saddle him with past regimes mistakes. But have at it. You would not be the first, nor probably the last.

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

Oh come on man. That first sentence was obviously meant to be humorous. Don't take everything so seriously. Football is meant to be fun. 

Fear of the past. Which is ironic. Cuz our past is only 1 year old.

Not taking it that seriously at all. Just pointing it out. Regarding the past, it's not fear so much as a lack of significant data pointing otherwise. Rhule's been here for a year but Tepper for 3 and the first 2 Tepper years were not impressive.

The team also won 3 in a row last year/4 the year before and it amounted to nothing, so the 4 games referenced here is the same sample size. Show some truly different results proving things are indeed changed.

Edited by KSpan

1 hour ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Respectfully disagree with this post.  I think half the members just took your post as a challenge.  If everything is rainbows and unicorns I truly expect threads bashing Darnold on how he laces his cleats.  

discover miley cyrus GIF by HuffPost

Double lace those cleats or gtfo.

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

This is Rhule's second year. It would be disingenuous to saddle him with past regimes mistakes. But have at it. You would not be the first, nor probably the last.

Why would it be disingenuous? No team gets a reset just because they changed management, owners, or coaches. Sure, judge them on how they do instead of the past if you prefer. But even doing that, was last season not another losing season? Until Rhule and Co start racking up winning seasons and proving otherwise, they are just more of the same.

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

Not taking it that seriously at all. Just pointing it out. Regarding the past, it's not fear so much as a lack of significant data pointing otherwise. Rhule's been here for a year but Tepper for 3 and the first 2 Tepper years were not impressive.

The team also won 3 in a row last year/4 the year before and it amounted to nothing, so the 4 games referenced here is the same sample size. Show some truly different results proving things are indeed changed.

You are not taking it seriously, but you brought it up again? Again, lighten up. It's just football.

Judging Rhule on anything but what HE has done is kinda unfair to him. But hey, that hasn't seem to bother too many folks around here. Blame the past regimes. Not Rhule.

This ain't your daddy's Panthers.

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

Why would it be disingenuous? No team gets a reset just because they changed management, owners, or coaches. Sure, judge them on how they do instead of the past if you prefer. But even doing that, was last season not another losing season? Until Rhule and Co start racking up winning seasons and proving otherwise, they are just more of the same.

Yeah, I'm going to judge Rhule on what HE ACTUALLY DOES. Not what past regimes have done.

Yes, last year was a losing season. Rhule's first. I will wait to see how this goes before I start saying "Same ol Panthers" You, and a whole lot of Huddlerz, for some reason, wish to start comparing already.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

The 3-24 finishes are incredibly difficult to fathom, especially considering that we went to the playoffs 4 of the 5 prior seasons, won the division 3 of the 5 prior seasons and finished 27-9 in the regular season in those 5 years.

It has been a really painful 3 years. Once we knew Cam was done, we got to witness CMC do 1000-1000 and nothing else aside from our top dogs retiring during an 11-29 slide over 40 games.

Amazing that in the last 40 games we have 11 wins. Cincy is the bottom with 7 and 1 tie. The Jets have 10. Detroit has 11. Jacksonville has 9 even with a 1 win season. No one else is close. Even Cleveland has 22 in the last 40.

So glad Rhule and Fitterer are here and we see a light at the end of the tunnel, but whenever you get disappointed at our pre-season rankings just realize that we are a bottom 5 team the last 2.5 years. We just need a few picks (YGM, BC, Marshall and Horn) and Darnold to perform and we’ve got the cap and more drafts to contend and even win a title.

That's all true.  It's like we're still reeling from that 50 burger the Steelers put on us 2018. 

I do view it by season though, which would include the 7-1 start to 2018 which I assume would move us up a few more spots.  We picked 16th that year.

Either way you're right, we've been bottom of the barrel for too long.  I think that's why Rhule has changed the roster wildly this year.  

The Panthers have won some games here and there and even had a win streak mixed in. It's how they have performed within the division that has been their downfall. When you can only muster say two divisional wins that's four losses that can sink your season and certainly make it a tall order to make the playoffs. Competing with the Bucs Saints and Falcons is the first order of business to right the ship and truthfully enough is enough with the excuses from everyone. The team wants to be their own hype machine...well put up or shut up.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1