• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charles Johnson on cutting Ibe. Has a point!

top dawg

55 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Ibe sounded genuinely remorseful, so I doubt he was "head strong", more reckless.

I wonder is Rhule would've showed "caring" by cutting 89 after Smith put Anthony Bright in the hospital. Or, maybe Rhule would've displayed more "caring" by cutting Smitty after he basically "snuck"  Ken Lucas. 

May be wrong but pretty sure Smitty was already an established superstar by the time he had any issues at all. Like it or not superstars will get treated differently than fringe guys. As someone else mentioned if this was Chinn instead of Ibe with the same exact play he'd obviously still be here.

Edited by t96

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

No, actually he doesn't. 

I'm conflicted. When C Sanders, TE for the Lions, was coming at you. He would yell, "I'm coming 65". Then he's slobberknock you. He was one bad man.

But safety first, and all that. Although nowadays, that was a nasty hit for TC.

• Beer 1

Sam Darnold said that they were not in full contact mode then.  He called it "thud" or something like that.  In practice, you do not hit a defenseless WR--clean hit or not.  Kirkwood was not advancing the ball--he was falling.  No need to hit him at all.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

This really is not hard.   He hit a defenseless WR in practice when they were not in full contact mode. 

Absorb that bit of information.  Was it a bad football play?  It would have drawn a flag in a game--but this was practice and he was defenseless.  It was not malicious, it was stupid.  I get that he was trying to make the team and it was hot and your instincts take over.  Still, it was stupid.

ONly reason for this is days before the coaches/Rhule gave multiple warnings. I personally think this is a overreaction, but also know CMC was put on the ground a couple days ago and Rhule stopped everyone to cuss them out. 

It a fine fine line between showing high energy/effort/PLAYMAKER etc, as the coaches preached non-stopped......then you believe this is your time to show the coaches just that and youre .02 seconds late/early. He was not making the 53, but had a ok chance at PS. CJ is right that IBE didnt get to correct his mistake. 

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Ibe sounded genuinely remorseful, so I doubt he was "head strong", more reckless.

I wonder is Rhule would've showed "caring" by cutting 89 after Smith put Anthony Bright in the hospital. Or, maybe Rhule would've displayed more "caring" by cutting Smitty after he basically "snuck"  Ken Lucas. 

Completely different situation.  

4 hours ago, Zod said:

He wasn't going to make the team. Why keep him around and risk him doing it again?

Fair but at least from that angle that was a pretty clean hit. He was in front he didn’t go high. That was common place football. If we are gonna throw a towel in on that. I don’t have much hope for any toughness coming out of this team. 

I mean frankly the only tough guy we have on defense currently is Chinn. Past that turf toe and turf hand may be good but they ain’t tough. 

Edited by Harbingers

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

Honestly I kind of agree, feel bad for Kirkwood certainly but not sure the DB deserved to be cut 

I really like Rhule but this and having players run laps for mistakes is very College football. 

I don't know how long that flies with NFL millionaires. 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Fair but at least from that angle that was a pretty clean hit. He was in front he didn’t go high. That was common place football. If we are gonna throw a towel in on that. I don’t have much hope for any toughness coming out of this team. 

I mean frankly the only tough guy we have on defense currently is Chinn. Past that turf toe and turf hand may be good but they ain’t tough. 

Turf hand?