• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is CJ Saunders??

WOW!!

"In the 40-yard dash, he ran an unofficial time of 4.69 seconds. He felt best effort came in the jumping events, recording a touch above 9 feet in the broad jump and 34 ½ inches in the vertical jump, surpassing some of his goals."

5'10 185 pound WR running a 4.69 

24 minutes ago, shaq said:

"In the 40-yard dash, he ran an unofficial time of 4.69 seconds. He felt best effort came in the jumping events, recording a touch above 9 feet in the broad jump and 34 ½ inches in the vertical jump, surpassing some of his goals."

5'10 185 pound WR running a 4.69 

Measurables aren't everything but damn, it's very difficult seeing this translate to NFL success. This is basically Steve Smith size with Shaq Thompson speed.

If anything, I think we have learned that Rhule has his own style. He doesn't use his media platform to say nothing, like Belichick loves to do. He just sprays BS in every direction. He will praise a guy before cutting him, praise guys that don't see the field, etc. 

He seems to just generally use those moments for his own purposes without his motives being clear. It's gonna be interesting to see how that evolves if he sticks around as our long term HC.

• Pie 4

Speed isn't the only attribute that we need.  If Saunders or Zylstra has the ability to get open and make plays that is what should concern us the most.  There have been many slow receivers that made careers in the NFL because they had a knack at finding an open spot on the field and producing first downs.  If either of these guys make plays it's a plus for our offense.

I would imagine we'll keep one of them on the active roster and the other to the P.S.

Maybe Rhule is just talking him up or maybe he's making plays in practice.  I've heard his name mentioned several times lately for making plays.  I also know he had a couple good catches at fanfest including the diving two point conversion catch.   Hes probably just a JAG that has looked solid in camp but that doesnt mean Rhule mentioning him has nothing to do with his play on the field.

• Beer 1