• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey the OL sucked donkey balls today

Zod

5 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Maybe.  Or it really started when Marty wouldn't listen to anybody because he just knew that LIttle was our guy.

It was baffling leading up to the draft reading all the reports (that proved correct) that we loved Greg Little. Watching him at the Combine drills, it was like... "Wait, that's your guy? The guy with two left feet who moves like he's hungover from a three day bender? THAT guy????"

• Flames 1

Everyone wants to pick on the Greg Little pick, which I get.  I wasn't a huge fan of him as a prospect, and I definitely didn't like trading up for him, but at least they tried to draft a tackle in a early round.  You have to take your swings which we have done very little of in the past.

Also not to defend Hurdy but there were others out there that had a round 2 grade on him.

Greg Little Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

With that being said the senior bowl practices were concerning, but our overall lack of picks at the O-line position is the main problem, you are always going to have misses.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

Maybe.  Or it really started when Marty wouldn't listen to anybody because he just knew that LIttle was our guy.

Perhaps, but I think Little had the skills and the resume. What he had not had tested was concussion resistance from getting a Deacon Jones-esque helmet slap. 

It's like the Jeff Otah thing. At the time it was solid team-building. In hindsight, injuries cost us draft capital and a person who could have been great. But, that's the game and how it rolls. 

7 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Perhaps, but I think Little had the skills and the resume. What he had not had tested was concussion resistance from getting a Deacon Jones-esque helmet slap. 

It's like the Jeff Otah thing. At the time it was solid team-building. In hindsight, injuries cost us draft capital and a person who could have been great. But, that's the game and how it rolls. 

That would be awesome if Little became game ready and balled out.  It would be a pleasant surprise.

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I’m sure it had nothing to do with him not giving a poo. What was his issue last year when he had no concussions. Just more embarrassing clips for the collection. It showed in college, but no one wanted to hear any of it. Just “PFF and All-SEC”. 

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, stbugs said:

That would be an amazing surprise but injuries didn’t derail Little at all. @Zod had a video of Little in here a week ago and it was the same reaching, off balance, easy to get around Little that was showcased at the combine.

Yeah, I know.  He didn't play much or look good last year.  My guess is his time is short.

2 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Everyone wants to pick on the Greg Little pick, which I get.  I wasn't a huge fan of him as a prospect, and I definitely didn't like trading up for him, but at least they tried to draft a tackle in a early round.  You have to take your swings which we have done very little of in the past.

Also not to defend Hurdy but there were others out there that had a round 2 grade on him.

Greg Little Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

With that being said the senior bowl practices were concerning, but our overall lack of picks at the O-line position is the main problem, you are always going to have misses.

It's not really picking on Little, it's pointing out the monumental stupidity that is Marty Hurney's "gut". There's a difference between taking a swing and going all in for broke. Little didn't look the part during combine. It wasn't even close to pretty. He looked horrible. You can't trade up for a guy that can't even get through the drills without looking like it's his first time on ice skates. We couldn't invest in the o-line in that draft because we wasted 3 day 2 picks on Hurney's gut. We could have stayed put, taken McCoy like half the Huddle knew at the time, used one of the 3rds to pick up a guard or 2. He plays guard if Paradis is good, if not, he moves to center.

Then there's Grier. Did anyone then or at any point during the month before the draft when we knew Grier was going to be our comp pick, think that he was starter or backup material? I sure as hell didn't. And Hurney refused to trade down because we had to have Brown. Brown's good, but our line is shambles. There were 4 prime tackles available and we ignored them all to stop the run. What good is defense if your offense can't score? No matter how good Brown is if he's on the field all the time he's gonna get tired and we still won't be able to stop the run. 

Yeah, we hammer on Little because he was a reach and he hasn't improved at all and everyone but the "gut" saw it. But for fug's sake, Hurney shat his pants like he drank 2 gallons of that poopin' juice they give you before a colonoscopy and couldn't make it to the toilet. That's the textbook example of how not to build an offensive line.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

18 hours ago, stbugs said:

Imagine if Marty took Erik McCoy at C and another G (Evans, Dieter, ?) instead of Little and imagine if we took Wirfs instead of Brown and decided Moton was going to man LT and had for a year. Now imagine we took Trey Smith instead of a long snapper. We’d have a top 5 and young/cheap OL right now and it would have cost us Brown and nothing else.

I like Brown, but I’d trade him in a heartbeat to have a stud C, two stud Ts and potentially solid Gs. 

While we’re at it, imagine if we would have drafted Justin Fields like a damn competent franchise.