• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Was Christensen the biggest surprise?

Tr3ach

I know it was just the preseason and it was against backups so it has to be taken with a grain of salt, but I was pleasantly surprised with Christensen.  Especially at RT.  He had a couple bad snaps but overall I thought he had a pretty solid performance.  I know most of us have been hoping he would end up being good but as camp has went on I think a lot of doubt had started to creep in.  Most of the reports coming out were saying that the potential is there but hes definitely not ready, which is scary to hear about an older rookie.  Could it be that maybe he's just one of those guys that are better on game day?

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I know it was just the preseason and it was against backups so it has to be taken with a grain of salt, but I was pleasantly surprised with Christensen.  Especially at RT.  He had a couple bad snaps but overall I thought he had a pretty solid performance.  I know most of us have been hoping he would end up being good but as camp has went on I think a lot of doubt had started to creep in.  Most of the reports coming out were saying that the potential is there but hes definitely not ready, which is scary to hear about an older rookie.  Could it be that maybe he's just one of those guys that are better on game day?

The reports were from Zod. It's best not to trust his player takes.

The reports from others said he'd been doing fine 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Remember we started Gross out on the right side and he was a first round pick.  I think people are expecting too much out of a rookie 3rd round pick to come in and win the starting LT spot right away at one of the most difficult spots to play in the NFL.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 3

20 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

The guy hustled that's for sure.  I didn't notice any penalties either.  Thats the way I like it, an offensive line that I don't notice.

I thought he had one of those false starts in the 3 or 4 they had in a row in the 4th?