• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers - Baltimore Ravens Joint Practice 1

Zod

12 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I don't think this team has ever had so many weapons at once man. Top tier on all positions. WR, RB, TE (if Arnold pans out which it looks like he will). Darnold is set up to win man. 

Yep.  Sam just needs to play Point Guard and distribute the ball to all our playmakers and get the F out of the way.  

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The comparisons to highly successful organizations is baffling. I don't know where this confidence comes from.

its practice.  we are practicing what we arent good at.  it would be a waste just to go out and try and "beat" the ravens and show off what we are good at.  

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Not really. Comparing the Patriots organization who has won multiple super bowls and the 2015 panthers (who btw played their starters in preseason games) to the youngest squad in the nfl with a brand new qb learning a new system and who has struggled mightily in his first 3 years is the real hoot. The correct logic is these guys need real game day reps to continue to try to work the kinks out and gel. Padded practice scrimmages are different then live game day reps. This isn’t rocket science. The only starter who should sit is cmc. 

they will play chill

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Without one? Sam Darnold has never played a full 16 game schedule at any point in his career. He actually does have a significant injury history.

We all knew Cam was injured in 2018, and had been banged up before that.  Frankly Cam should have missed more games than he did, and how many of us blame the coaches for letting him play injured?  Cam didn't need preseason reps and it seemed a risk not worth the benefit, was my point

As to Darnold, he's had an ankle and seemingly a minor shoulder issue.  The relative risk in preseason is minor compared to getting him reps.  There's a difference between a season ending injury and a couple missed games imo.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Exactly. It's a process and we are much closer to the beginning than the end. I am absolutely pumped about our DL, I am cautiously optimistic about our secondary and our LB's......well.....I am sure they will get a participation trophy.

Thats basically both sides. I mean our offense needs line and maybe QB help but is solid at WR and RB. Basically the opposite we had 10 years ago. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

We all knew Cam was injured in 2018, and had been banged up before that.  Frankly Cam should have missed more games than he did, and how many of us blame the coaches for letting him play injured?  Cam didn't need preseason reps and it seemed a risk not worth the benefit, was my point

As to Darnold, he's had an ankle and seemingly a minor shoulder issue.  The relative risk in preseason is minor compared to getting him reps.  There's a difference between a season ending injury and a couple missed games imo.

He also had Mono at one point.  🤨

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

That may seem like the case but typically players that can't seem to stay healthy don't waver from that trend. As the 4ManRush guys say, "Availability is an ability."

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Thats basically both sides. I mean our offense needs line and maybe QB help but is solid at WR and RB. Basically the opposite we had 10 years ago. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah. It is what it is. You don't tear a roster down to frame like we did and then recover quickly. It looks like we are moving in the right direction overall. We just need to figure out some of the more critical things, like QB, OL, LB, etc. 

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Cam was his on worst nightmare IMO.  I think it took all Ron had to get him to sit one week after breaking his back in that car wreck. 

I doubt Bruce Arians was thrilled Tom Brady was on the preseason field last weekend.  But Tom Brady was going to do what Tom Brady wants to do.  Sometimes a star QB wields crazy power given how important they are to a team.    

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Lol he did, but I don't consider that an *injury* if you're talking about concerns of someone playing a preseason game and risking his health.

The threat of mono is real. You'd be surprised at how much kissing goes on at these joint practices.

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

You know you are reaching to be negative when you criticize someone for getting sick.  I had Mono in college.  I was a computer science geek and had no social life or girlfriend at the time thus it was not from kissing.  However - it did put me out of commission for a month - had to drop all of my classes but one that semester.