• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Postgame thoughts. Preseason game 2

ncfan

4 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

TBH, this looked bad.  Wasn't encouraged by Darnold at all.  He didnt look bad, but the fact we tried to run it twice down at the goalline with Chubba instead of trying to play fake and pass and then sat him tells me how they feel about Sam.

Or it tells you that they wanted to get a look at our short yardage running game against a quality opponent.

You really can read into this whatever the hell you want.

At the end of the day it's a preseason game used for evaluation. 37 of the guys that played tonight won't be here in 10 days time. Hell, maybe even 40 when other teams release better players. 

• Pie 8

35 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Or it tells you that they wanted to get a look at our short yardage running game against a quality opponent.

You really can read into this whatever the hell you want.

At the end of the day it's a preseason game used for evaluation. 37 of the guys that played tonight won't be here in 10 days time. Hell, maybe even 40 when other teams release better players. 

The thread that was posted from quotes from the game stated just that.  They wanted to see us man up and get that one yard.  

• Pie 2

With the exception of our first series, it was a game of our reserves vs their reserves, with a lot of camp bodies thrown in. 

Their guys were better than our guys. Their guys committed almost no penalties. Our guys were still struggling with it.

Outside of that first pick, the most impactful player on our defense was Luvu, a guy who basically just got here this week.

From this, and the general timidity of our play calling (soft, soft, soft zone defense) our coaching looks like they are expecting their three opening opponents this season will be Campbell, UNC-Asheville and Dartmouth. Sure hope what they are showing right now isn't how they are prepping for the regular season. 

The sky isn't falling, but only a fool watches clouds gather and doesn't think there's a chance of rain.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

Darnold played? I must’ve missed it. Mahomes has gotten 20x the playing time this preseason. Wonder why that is. When in nfl history has a coach gotten a new qb and not played him in the preseason. If danrold starts of slow we’ll all know why 

Matthew Stafford with the Rams

• Pie 1

As many said before pre season started.  There will be accurate reactions, but a lot more OVER REACTIONS to pre season football. 

The  Bucs and Seahawks both scored 3 points in their games.  No, that doesn't mean that we are currently is the same tier group with those two teams.  The coaches have to see the 30 plus players that will be cut , to see if any of them are salvageable . 

We may be as bad as some of you are suggesting. Darnold may be the worst NFL QB this season and many are,, I'll say it, as some of you are hoping.    Teddy went 9/11 ,105 yards ,, 1 TD in a pre season game.  Anyone really want him back ?  I mean he did real well in a pre season game. 
So use the same narratives in judging the Panthers pre season players as you do others.  You don't want Teddy back,  and are saying ,  "  it was preseason against their seconds or thirds " . 

We won't really know anything till Sept 12 th if this is all coming together. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Ready 2 Win said:

I'm not happy Darnold only played 2 series...BOTH of which were from the kind of starting field position you can only dream of. 

Showed us literally nothing of him. Not sure what the game plan is for Preseason Game 3, but damn the man needs to play! 

WE NEED ANSWERS!

He played one series, like all the starters.

And you'll get your answers Weeks 1-17. Have a bit of patience. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Speaking of Teddy...

Klis is a longtime Denver beat writer and one of the best sources available for Broncos info.

All I can say is this could be fun to watch 😃

If he is good there, this place will melt down. 

I don't expect that to happen but it will be hilarious to watch the original Teddy fanboys chirp or the people who flip flopped now flip back.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He played one series, like all the starters.

And you'll get your answers Weeks 1-17. Have a bit of patience. 

I wouldn't be convinced if he had played half a game against the Colts and Ravens and tore it up. 

It's the fuging preseason. This poo does not matter until the reps are real. 

We will know what we have in Darnold by Week 8, perhaps earlier if it is really, really good or really, really bad.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Oh we got a look alright. Gave me vibes of that final drive against the Bucs in 2019 where we couldn't punch it in with CMC.