• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

None of that was true nor was the "Robby doesn't want to be here" conspiracy theory. It was based on absolutely zero documented, factual information nor even any real rumor mill information. It was based purely on idiots on the internet pulling things out of there ass. 

That was why I got annoyed by that stupid poo. It was based on nothing.

yeah, we don't if that was true or not.  But we know he isn't going to be playing any longer under the worst case scenario. 

and it was based on common sense and NFL history.  Robby would have been correct in wanting a deal BEFORE this season started.    An injury would fug him.   That's just business. 

I guess that it's the cost of doing business. 

I just hope we don't see his production tail off like it did last season after week 4. If so, it could start early and we could be regretting this. Perhaps it is structured to have most of the guarantee for this season and the rest is just New Orleans-style imaginary money.

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

We have the space to squeeze that in there this year. Drops the hit for the next two seasons.

It's honestly not a bad deal at all.

Remember that when the Panthers are trying to sign OL   this off-season. Putting it on this year, or next year, means it’s gone either way. Doesn’t matter what year it hits. It’s money they don’t have anymore. 

Just like signing Teddy and his great contract. Or Boston. Or keeping KK. Or Weatherly…etc..

Think those contracts would have been better spent on an OL or two. Not bottom feeders like Erving and Elflien either. 

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

If you were smart you would know now that it was probably true he did all that because he wanted more money. Damn some people can’t read between the lines.

foil hat tinfoil kevin GIF by The Tick

Thanks for checking in, you were definitely one of the dopes I was referring to. How about this, Mr. "Read Between the Lines", show me one shred of actual evidence that was ever the case?

• Pie 5

13 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

He’s not. He’s a low end quality starter that’s really a 3/4 stringer in any other teams NFL. 

There's this great site called Ourlads.com that will let you look at every team's depth chart. You might want to spend some time there before you make claims like this. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Robby gets x on a 2 year deal.

DJ will get a little bit more, but on a longer deal (4-5 years) which will also equal more guarantee.

Golladay just signed a deal for 18.  An old Julio just signed a deal for 22.   So I would say you look at deals like....and whatever you think he is worth off those numbers.  You add to it.  Because time will inflate what it ends up being. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, we don't if that was true or not.  But we know he isn't going to be playing any longer under the worst case scenario. 

and it was based on common sense and NFL history.  Robby would have been correct in wanting a deal BEFORE this season started.    An injury would fug him.   That's just business. 

However, he didn't hold out. He has basically shown up for the bulk of the entire offseason. That is also "not good business" since you can also get injured just as easily during that period. 

That's why it made absolutely no sense when people were spinning this yarn about him being a malcontent. That was never true. 

• Pie 1