• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are trading LB Denzel Perryman to the Las Vegas Raiders

AndrewLaskoski

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

Just to play devil's advocate here, that means 3 of the top FAs signed this off-season at positions of need are injured (Erving), look bad (Elflein), or gone (Perryman). Not ideal.

True, but year 2 of a rebuild not the time for big FA spending.

Reddick (OLB, $6mil, 1 year)

Erving (OG, $10mil total over 2 years)

Moore (WR, $4.8 mil over 2 years)

Elflein (T/G, $13mil over 3 years)

Fox (DT, $8mil over 2 years)

Jones (DT, $4mil 1 yr)

Bouye (CB, $7mil over 2 Years)

Arnold (TE, $7mil over 2 years)

Perryman (MLB, $6mil over 2 years)

Starters out of that group? Reddick, Bouye, maybe one of the DTs? Perhaps Arnold and maybe one of those OLs? Not a bad hit rate. Pretty low risk signings here. 

Draft strong, re-sign solid players. Fill in the gaps with inexpensive short term deals. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, DJ feed me moore said:

so we traded greg little + perryman and about 2 million in dead cap for a 6th. Straight. rivera and co would have just cut both and gotten nothing + the cap hit

From years and years and YEARS of this, I didn't even consider the possibility of trading his oft-injured unvaxxed ass for anything.

I was jaded to the point of thinking cutting him was the only option.

6 hours ago, KSpan said:

Just to play devil's advocate here, that means 3 of the top FAs signed this off-season at positions of need are injured (Erving), look bad (Elflein), or gone (Perryman). Not ideal.

Underrated comment. The upside is that we see how quickly we are able to switch gears(look at the Teddy trade). The downside is that we keep making these terrible signings.

I hope that our 2022 free agent offseason is a big upgrade because 2021 has been pretty bad so far.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Underrated comment. The upside is that we see how quickly we are able to switch gears(look at the Teddy trade). The downside is that we keep making these terrible signings.

I hope that our 2022 free agent offseason is a big upgrade because 2021 has been pretty bad so far.

Well I mean we usually have terrible signings and also terrible contracts and also terrible trades. Baby steps.

• Beer 3