• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade for a Kicker...

SetfreexX

27 minutes ago, Dex said:

At least the Fiddler is trying and not standing pat.

The Fiddler might be the best nickname I’ve seen for Fitty Cent. Playing draft picks like a beautiful instrument.  

Glad we’re making moves, Hurney would be all set for the season and sit on his hands.  Is he better than Slye?  Who knows, but Slye isn’t cutting it as a starter right now.  

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd rather not.

The best outcome for this trade would be his being good enough to be worth keeping.

The most likely outcome outside of sticking with Joey is that he wins the job initially, gets a shot the first few games but at some point during the season starts stinking it up which shows why MN didn't want him kicking FGs and he hasn't gotten a shot in the NFL before. Then we lose the pick and still have sh*tty kicking.

I hope he's just great but this isn't a very inspiring trade. He's just some scrub nobody, and we have no real reason to believe that he'll be any better than Slye at this point...

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

The Fiddler might be the best nickname I’ve seen for Fitty Cent. Playing draft picks like a beautiful instrument.  

Glad we’re making moves, Hurney would be all set for the season and sit on his hands.  Is he better than Slye?  Who knows, but Slye isn’t cutting it as a starter right now.  

I'm partial to my nickname. Scott Finesserer.

1 minute ago, t96 said:

The most likely outcome outside of sticking with Joey is that he wins the job initially, gets a shot the first few games but at some point during the season starts stinking it up which shows why MN didn't want him kicking FGs and he hasn't gotten a shot in the NFL before. Then we lose the pick and still have sh*tty kicking.

I hope he's just great but this isn't a very inspiring trade. He's just some scrub nobody, and we have no real reason to believe that he'll be any better than Slye at this point...

That description fits a lot of young kickers before they hit their stride.

We had David Akers as an undrafted free agent but let him go. He went on to have a long and very good career with the Eagles.