• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baldy loves him some Sam Darnold

Zod

17 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Is the audible surprising? Who did Marshall play for at LSU for a year? 

Also, Darnolds throws in this game looked better than any single game I saw with the Jets. Even these preseason play calls make Adam Gase look like he should be the QB Coach for the UNC Tar Heels or something. Seriously, Sam didn't have to improvise to be good on Friday. It always seemed that his highlights in NY were improvisation. 

I mentioned the audible because a lot of the hot takes around here seem to imply (or just flat out say) that Darnold's problems stem from slow processing of information. 

I see differently.  I have just made a bet on his exceeding 23 1/2 TDs for the season, at 115-100.

2 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

Slight derail but we talk a lot about how good Marshall looks,  but not enough about how much better he looks than Chase. 54 picks later and there is a quite reasonable chance we got the better receiver from the same school. 

Kudos for that to our GM and scouts.

5 hours ago, onmyown said:

Yep, he has an arm, is mobile, but if the defense gets to him he’s going to get rattled and start doing stupid poo.

TB got rattled too behind this jok oline last year and started playing like poo…even more so.

It’s no wonder only the top olines go to the big show or even deep in the playoffs 99% of the time and the 1% is with HOF QBs.

Just put tremble in to block every play.

That is every QB to ever play the game.  

Seriously.  

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

The pass rush will be ferocious until teams remember CMC is also on the field.  A couple well timed screens/draws will take that deep pass rush right out of them.  

If all goes well, defenses will have to stay home just to keep McCaffrey from 200yds a game.

This cannot be underestimated.  We have a couple of options to make them pay.  CMC being the most dangerous. A couple of blitzes that result in CMC breaking away for a good run will make many teams question a blitz.

Plus we have DJ who is a WR with a RB mentality.   And of course his newest target Arnold. 

5 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

This cannot be underestimated.  We have a couple of options to make them pay.  CMC being the most dangerous. A couple of blitzes that result in CMC breaking away for a good run will make many teams question a blitz.

Plus we have DJ who is a WR with a RB mentality.   And of course his newest target Arnold. 

Yep.  They want to repeatedly send the house?  In the immortal words of Cam Newton "Thats cool, watch this".  We put one of our all world YAC guys as an outlet in the space vacated by the blitzers and kill them all day.  CMC will destroy teams like this if they so choose. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, ClawOn said:

Slight derail but we talk a lot about how good Marshall looks,  but not enough about how much better he looks than Chase. 54 picks later and there is a quite reasonable chance we got the better receiver from the same school. 

I'm willing to proclaim we got the best wr in the draft.  How about that?

• Pie 4

Just now, OldhamA said:

Too early to say that, but I will say he looks every inch of the 5 star prospect he was rated as coming out of High School.

I've never seen a rookie wr play as well as a pro right out of the gate. Yes it's early but I never proclaim any rookie as going to be great but this kid is a stud. If he flops I will eat my words, but I think I won't have to worry about that. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm willing to proclaim we got the best wr in the draft.  How about that?

I was ecstatic when we drafted him, his measurables are ridiculous and he doesn't drop balls.

With that being said I am shocked that Chase is dropping so many balls. I think though he is not as savvy or refined route runner as marshall is, so at the start he will struggle a bit more.