• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about the Jets. What do you know?

Zod

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

I had a dream last night I was on vacation in the Bahamas and I looked at the TV behind the swim up bar and the Panthers beat the Jets 20-17. 

And so the prophecy foretold a Panther victory in a manner that does not exude confidence or help PSL sales.

The Jets have trended down since ol’ butt fumble came crashing back to Earth.  They always seem to have a new GM/Coach/QB combo.  To think they are any different is to ignore all current data and go with your fee-fees.

The Panthers on the other hand are trending up.  Talented roster, young Coach, GM NOT named Hurney.  That’s progress folks.

The Jets stink, but we love to stink just like our opponents.  We love making Rookie and Back up QBs alike, look as if the name on their jersey was Montana.

Heres to not having a Got Damned Clue going into week 1!  It’s how we roll.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

what's their pass pro like? seems like the obvious question.

i'm not a fan of the "let the defense carry the game" mentality but that's a no-brainer here if you're trying to ease darnold into quarterbacking. getting him a competent W against the team that previously defined him is imperative mentally.

One thing that worries me us they have plenty of tape of our offense and defense and what Brady and Snow like to run in certain situations. I don’t think think we know anything about their playbook except for their personnel limitations.  

We should still win comfortably. I think we win 24-10.

6 minutes ago, Ready 2 Win said:

I'm looking for our team to play a game. To not suck. Truth be told this is all about Darnold! 

I feel sorry for him in this game. As stated above Jets will likely try to rattle him all day with immense pressure. As the creator of this thread knows we have a shitty oline to protect him. 

This is where Sam's "athleticism" (aka ability to scramble/run) will be very useful.   lol.

2 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

This is where Sam's "athleticism" (aka ability to scramble/run) will be very useful.   lol.

Familiar indeed. We relied on Cam's "athleticism" too much as a reason to justify little to no O-line investment. Sam isnt half the athlete Cam was. 

Edited by Ready 2 Win
  • Pie 1

Hi all, some of you may have seen me around from time to time and I wanted to ask you all a favor.  I wrote an article previewing the key matchups for Sunday's game with final score prediction and was hoping y'all could check it out.

I've been wanting to begin a career eventually in sports journalism but am doing it now whenever I can and have free time away from my full-time job.  Hoping to get better the more and more I do it and build up some sample works.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/jets-panthers-key-game-matchups-score-prediction?ref=homepage

I didn't want to create a whole new thread just for this, didn't seem right to me.  But anyways, there's the link.  I appreciate whoever checks it out and any feedback.

• Pie 6

16 minutes ago, Ready 2 Win said:

Familiar indeed. We relied on Cam's "athleticism" too much as a reason to justify little to no O-line investment. Sam isnt half the athlete Cam was. 

Water is Wet.

But at the same time, he's not a lumbering Statue like Old Man Vinny Testaverde(remember him?  😉  ) was either.

He's fast enough to make some good runs with his feet.

Just not to do it every down.