• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Network says Darnold worst starting QB in the league.

Khyber53

4 hours ago, t96 said:

Sorry but even his Jets' performances were better than Teddy's here, how they have Teddy about Sam I don't understand. But whatever, it means nothing. 

The author of the list said he's a fan of Teddy and he actually wanted to put him even higher.  I think anyone who is talking about a QB who says the words "I am a fan of Teddy Bridgewater" instantly loses any credibility for taking their "list" seriously.

• Pie 4

His numbers since being in the league safely puts him at the bottom.

If he were still the starter for the Jets everyone here wouldn't bat an eye at this ranking. 

He needs to prove himself. It's not like pundits have some vendetta against him. 

With regard to the preseason game, his numbers looked good, but I don't think anyone watching the game felt like Sam was exerting his will over the steelers second team outside of the two minute drill. 

Let's hope he turns into the guy who was drafted third overall and someone we traded for and committed two years to despite his history. 

• Pie 2

47 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

His numbers since being in the league safely puts him at the bottom.

If he were still the starter for the Jets everyone here wouldn't bat an eye at this ranking. 

He needs to prove himself. It's not like pundits have some vendetta against him. 

With regard to the preseason game, his numbers looked good, but I don't think anyone watching the game felt like Sam was exerting his will over the steelers second team outside of the two minute drill. 

Let's hope he turns into the guy who was drafted third overall and someone we traded for and committed two years to despite his history. 

How long did the second team actually play though?

Oh, and how about the Steelers using a FB to on 3-16, to get a pass rush that causes a fumble...remember alot of guys Darnold faced off with are no longer on the team. I kid about the FB, it was a LB but a 3rd stringer...

44.PNG

44fu.PNG

44 fb.PNG

I get the feeling Darnold is going to be fine here. I'm more worried about the line in front of him than his abilities on display. 

We had another guy once who was all but a washout in the league when he got here, but he turned out to be one of the greatest Panthers ever. QB'ed us to our first Super Bowl in his first season and damn near won it.

I'm not sure Darnold has the same amount of moxie that Jake Delhomme had, but if he can find at least half that in him, we can go far. Good luck kid, we'll be rooting for ya!

• Pie 3

14 hours ago, jb2288 said:

This is my favorite line in there… under Zach (who he has at 20 lmao)

“just look at how Wilson's predecessor in New York, Sam Darnold, struggled against backups in his preseason work this year in Carolina.” 

i must have missed where 19/25 and 2TD is “struggled”. Did this clown even look up stats before writing this…?

Thats what I am failing to understand - Sam only played 1 half of football and completed 76% of his passes for 160 yards, 2 TDs and 0 turnovers.  In what world is that "struggling"? If thats bad, I will take bad every single game. 

That would only be 5440 yards and 68 TDs if he played at that pace all season.  LOL. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2