• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some insights on the CJ Henderson trade…

*FreeFua*

3 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

so this loves football is where im curious... I have seen reports he was considering retiring and didnt love football. Also that the coaches had to go to his house and get him. I mean that doesnt mean his mind cant be changed...but there is a reason a team gave up on a top 10 pick after a year.

Reports aka randoms on twitters. Urban having to go to his house while Garafolo says CJ didn’t mesh with Meyer. Actual reports of Meyer having trouble getting guys to buy in. 

Many of you act as if the Panthers did no homework on this kid. CJ was on their short list of guys they felt comfortable drafting last year. 

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

so this loves football is where im curious... I have seen reports he was considering retiring and didnt love football. Also that the coaches had to go to his house and get him. I mean that doesnt mean his mind cant be changed...but there is a reason a team gave up on a top 10 pick after a year.

I'm not so sure it was he didn't love football as much as he didn't love meyer. Being stuck in Jax for 4 years under a guy you can't get along with could make someone contemplate retirement. Some situations are just toxic. I'm not saying that's for sure what happened, but it could be possible given the off-season poo that was coming out of Jax. 

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm not so sure it was he didn't love football as much as he didn't love meyer. Being stuck in Jax for 4 years under a guy you can't get along with could make someone contemplate retirement. Some situations are just toxic. I'm not saying that's for sure what happened, but it could be possible given the off-season poo that was coming out of Jax. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30882524/jacksonville-jaguars-urban-meyer-defends-hiring-controversial-chris-doyle%3fplatform=amp

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguarscoach Urban Meyer is defending his hiring of Chris Doyle, a former strength coach at the University of Iowa who was accused of making racist remarks, belittling and bullying players

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Tbe said:

Makes me wonder if they would have gone QB or OL in the first if they got him.

QB? Seriously doubt it. Having him wouldn't have changed their feelings on that front.

OL? We tried, but the guy we wanted went to Detroit and we apparently didn't think Slater was worth the #8.

Honestly, we still might have taken Horn. But if not, as I recall per Panthers Confidential we had Devonta Smith in the mix.

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Urban Meyer. That's all you need to know. 

• Beer 1