• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are 3-1

Saca312

1 minute ago, Peon Awesome said:

I catch myself guilty of that thinking too. But then I remember that we were literally leading at halftime even though Dallas was gifted a possession that led to a td on that abysmal forward progress ruling. The 3rd quarter was about as abysmal as it gets, starting with the missed fg and followed by 2 interceptions that led to short fields and TDs. But don't let that make you forget that for 3/4 of the game, we played with a lot of fight and hell, arguably looked like the better team.

The way they utterly outflanked us at halftime was stunning. Their adjustments just wrecked us.

I think Kellen Moore may end up beating Joe Brady to a head coaching role. Dude's legit.

• Pie 2

I’ll post more about this game later. For now I’ll say I’m disappointed but not surprised. Too loose on the road to Dallas by one score without your best cornerback and best offensive player is nothing to be ashamed of.  I also thought our defense was being a little overhyped too. We could have given up when we were down 36-14. Everything went wrong in the 3rd quarter…and we still had a chance to win this game.

I think this game is going to be a great learning experience for the team. Rhule and Fitz now see just how bad our Oline is and will make it a priority to fix it. The defense will come back down to earth and realize they have to get better. And, the team as a whole showed that they aren’t quitters. I think we are year, perhaps two years, away from being a a perennial Super Bowl threat in the NFC.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

better to try that fg now and see if he can do make those than wait until the playoff when we NEED it

Very true. 

Ultimately we gave up too many turnovers and short fielda to a team that feasts upon it. There's a reason why Dallas is top of the league at creating and capitalizing on turnovers. Much like the 2015 Panthers the Cowboys feast on that as well.

It's a loss and it sucks, but at the least we get this out of the way early in the season and learn from it. Good thing to re-evaluate on tape and learn from.

This is a talented team, and whether we can compete here on out depends on whether we shore up mistakes like this, which ultimately I believe led to our loss moreso than not.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

That field goal call completely changed the game. I couldn't believe Rhule called for that.

I think that it sent a signal that we NEEDED the points. Which may be telling on the the state of mind that the coaches were in at that point in the game.

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My concern is that we didn't look like we belonged on the field with them until they bafflingly went prevent and rested their best DB late.

We looked like we could compete in the first half,,  

They ran us out of the stadium in the 3rd quarter on both sides of the ball. 

Yes they played prevent in the 4th qtr , but you play against what is there.

So yes, I think we did belong on the field. 

Let’s hope we learned a lot. Not too banged up ,  can right the ship against the Phleegulls next week. 

4 weeks into a season there is enough film on everybody. So we saw some out comes today where the coordinators have made adjustments.  
Nice to see the Saints lose again. Falcons lose again. 
Jets won against the Titans. 

1 minute ago, Monrowed said:

I think that it sent a signal that we NEEDED the points. Which may be telling on the the state of mind that the coaches were in at that point in the game.

It was 14-13 at that point. Giving them that short of a field was a massive mistake. We have a terrible kicker; I wouldn't have felt comfortable if he was kicking from the 40.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Zod said:

This is exactly where I predicted we would be. 

Although I must admit I got my hopes up that we were better than I expected.

Very fair, I got caught up on that train as well.

Without the homerisn shades, the Cowboys simply are more talented. I said it'd come down to coaching and I thought we'd be the better end on that, but forgot that this coaching staff is relatively new and boneheaded mistakes are to be expected (still will hang that if we didn't go for a FG when we did, we would've been more competitive).

Either way, we still fought and though it ended up a loss, it's not a terrible beatdown. Just one to move on from and learn from. Still a long season ahead and we have great talent and potential, just a few things to fix and we'll be more competitive.

Oline is what it is, and is definitley not an overnight fix, but there have been bad oline who's made deep pushes in the playoffs. The Broncos won a SB in 2015 with a horrid offensive line and offense, although they had a historic defense to aid them.

I think this game came down to being outcoached and stupid mistakes.

• Pie 1