• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC will practice Wednesday!!!

Captain Morgan

Christian McCaffrey Expected to Practice Wednesday

Good news out of Carolina Monday as head coach Matt Rhule said during his press conference that he expects Christian McCaffrey will practice Wednesday. The all-pro running back was sidelined for Sunday’s game against the Cowboys after sustaining a hamstring injury during the Panthers’ week-three win over the Texans.
McCaffrey’s participation in practice isn’t a guarantee that he’ll play Sunday against the Eagles, but it is a good sign. Don’t expect the Panthers to rush McCaffrey back. It’s a long season and Carolina wants to make sure he’s fully healthy before returning.

Edited by Captain Morgan
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

I mean it's good news that he's already able to practice but with how easy our schedule is right now I'd say hold him out another game or 2 regardless. If we can't beat these teams without him then frankly it won't matter much in the big picture.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Imagine if Elliot had been out in the game against us. Would they have rushed for half as much? Unlikely. Would we have won the game? Likely. Getting CMC back healthy is critical. Let him sit against Philly if there’s even a small chance of reinjury and resting another week would help. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

that's great, but they better start rotating chubbo in now that they know he's a competent runner... especially between the tackles 

They won't do it, but I think they should make Hubbard the primary runner and utilize CMC how the Saints utilized Kamara all those years before this one.  He doesn't need to run the ball 24 times in a game for us to get our money's worth.  

The goal should be to keep him below 300 touches in the regular season.  Preferably around 270-280.  Then in the postseason, unleash him however the hell you want to unleash him.

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

Imagine if Elliot had been out in the game against us. Would they have rushed for half as much? Unlikely. Would we have won the game? Likely. Getting CMC back healthy is critical. Let him sit against Philly if there’s even a small chance of reinjury and resting another week would help. 

Tony Pollard was eating our a** up.

• Beer 1

47 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I hope the oline is much better at run blocking than they were at passing blocking. No? Maybe CMC should wait until they get that sorted out before he suits up? 

Decent OL blocking could take most of the season or not happen at all. I am not for rushing him back but he needs to start as soon they clear him.

• Pie 1