• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revisiting an OL question

Mr. Scot

We discussed something like this a while back, but I'm revisiting it with a "knowing what we know now" look.

Regarding the current state of the O-Line, would you rather...

- Try Taylor Moton on the left and Brady Christensen or Trent Scott on the right

- Keep Moton on the right and try Brady Christensen on the left

- Keep Moton on the right, put Christensen inside and try to find our franchise left tackle in the offseason

Which of those sounds best to you?

FYI: For what it's worth, our buddy Ellis has stated this:

To be clear, this is not based on any kind of inside info, just an observation.

State your case. If it were up to you, what direction are you going?

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

We discussed something like this a while back, but I'm revisiting it with a "knowing what we know now" look.

Regarding the current state of the O-Line, would you rather...

- Try Taylor Moton on the left and Brady Christensen or Trent Scott on the right

- Keep Moton on the right and try Brady Christensen on the left

- Keep Moton on the right, put Christensen inside and try to find our franchise left tackle in the offseason

Which of those sounds best to you?

FYI: For what it's worth, our buddy Ellis has stated this:

To be clear, this is not based on any kind of inside info, just an observation.

State your case. If it were up to you, what direction are you going?

I would try him at RG. He looked better there during preseason. Not quite so good at LG in cameo when Elfein went down, but he may be a better option than Daley with some game experience. Cam Erving is who he is at this point; our bigger issue is the interior. I’d rather keep Moton @ RT where he excels and shore up the problem areas inside than put the whole unit in flux. 

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Pie 2

I dont out a lot of stock in PFF, but just as I suggested after the loss, Erving and Miller have to go, and it just so happens they both graded out as our worst OLinemen.

I think, just as with Whitehead last year, Rhule was giving them the chance to secure the job with the their play.  They haven't, and now it's time to give the younger guys a chance, just as he did with Carter last season.  I think we definitely see at least 1 of them benched this week and possibly both.  There might be some early growing pains, but it can only go up from here.

I just can't say how I'd rejigger the line right now, simply because I don't know what the coaches know at the moment. I do know what I've seen and it definitely needs to get better.

And the coaches have seen that, too. There's no way they've missed it.

But they haven't sent Christensen or Brady out there, no matter how much handwringing the fanbase has gone through. There must be a reason. And that might be that they are honestly sending their best five potential blockers out there, sad as that might be. 

• Pie 2

Offensive Line is banged up right now. They could easily change up the starters and no one would say much. 

Also, Matt Rhule said the offensive line would be playing "based on availability" so that sounds like something is up.

• Pie 4