• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Gilmore

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, t96 said:

Jackson has actually been great this year, I think Horn was more impactful and likely still should be upon his return. Gilmore is just yet to be seen but if he plays to the level he's capable of and did 2 years ago then yeah Jackson is our 3rd best CB on the roster (2nd best healthy). That's pretty friggin nuts if you ask me because D Jax is balling out too. Then we have Henderson and AJ Bouye who have some serious pedigree. Just an insane group of CBs, especially compared to what we've trotted out there in the last decade.

So Jackson>>Henderson? Or Jackson>>Gilmore? 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Haven't read through the thread, but I have to wonder if someone is moving to FS? We're STACKED at CB now even with the injury to Horn but what we could really use is a true deep FS to free up Chinn to roam underneath. 

None of the CBs are ideal FS candidates.  Best thing we can do is wait for Burris to get healthy, but as much as I hate to say it, it really wouldn't be beneficial to move any of the corners to safety. 

Donte Jackson sounds good in theory but I don't think it would be smart.  He's never played safety at any level to my knowledge, so it would be a midseason position change and we know how those work out, and I just don't think it fits his play-style.  

Just now, trueblade said:

Not to be a downer, but what this tells me if that Horn is done for the year.

I think that was a foregone conclusion when it was announced he a 3 broken bones in his foot. He was our best corner and he was a rookie.  Missing that long and not being able to workout means he would not be in game shape when he returned. 

He's done for the season. 

• Pie 3

19 minutes ago, Mage said:

Nah.  Horn is legit.  

Why would it be too early to make a statement I believe wholeheartedly?  His college tape was amazing.  He played great in every game he played in this year.  So yeah, I feel confident he's a future All-Pro.

Sure, anything can happen.  Maybe I'm wrong. But I feel confident in what I'm saying.  Horn is a got damn stud.  And guys with his athleticism and his man coverage ability are RARE.

If that's what you want to believe, then so be it. I believe in giving guys a whole season playing before declaring them a boom or bust. As the old saying goes, the proof is in the pudding. And not all great college players make great pros no matter their athleticism or ability.

24 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Did you mean to put Pride’s name in with those other guys?

Had Pride not gotten hurt, he most likely would’ve gotten cut

Yeah I meant to put him in there. He was just heading into his second year before he got hurt.  He might not pan out, who knows, but i’m confident he’ll still be around when the next year comes along.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

So Jackson>>Henderson? Or Jackson>>Gilmore? 

Right now I'd say:

1. Horn (hurt)

2. Jackson

3. Gilmore (could easily prove himself to be 1 or 2 and do so very quickly but we just need to see it on the field)

4. Bouye

5. Henderson

4/5 has room to change too