• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is D Jack gone?

CarolinaXblue

19 minutes ago, Rickson said:

Everybody keeps saying one year rental, but I thought he was threatening to sit out without a deal.  Isn’t that why New England let him go?  Otherwise they just would have kept him for the year.  I might be wrong, but I am assuming we are giving him something.  Maybe just a front loaded contract for this year with voidable back years added.  I don’t know a lot about the contract process to be honest.

Patriots had $54,000 in cap space.  They now have over 5 million.  Gilmore was costing them $400,000 a week to sit on the bench.  Beyond that, Gilmore lives in Rock Hill.  From what I've seen hes ok playing out the year for us and negotiating after the year or looking at FA then.  This is more of a prove it chance for him, while also being able to live at home.

I think his agent wasn't seeing offers he wanted since hes been injured for a while now.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Hey, we disagree. I don’t think he’s at their level either. He’s having a good year as part of a good defense, but I think we tend to overvalue our players. I don’t think he’ll get that money for one good year.

That's going to be fun this offseason...

DJ's agent: We want $15M/year for 5 years.

Fitterer: Gilmore just told us he'd sign for 12M/year for 3.

DJ's agent: [...]

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

That's going to be fun this offseason...

DJ's agent: We want $15M/year for 5 years.

Fitterer: Gilmore just told us he'd sign for 12M/year for 3.

DJ's agent: [...]

I think for sure figures were traded.......and the panthers are looking around.....as they should.

I member richard marshall stating he wanted to be the highest paid CB........Djack may have the same feels.........

I called the tag for DJ and was laughed at, that remains a option in my book. 

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

One thing to keep in mind, if we don't end up keeping Gilmore and he signs somewhere else, we're most likely going to get a comp pick for it. 

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

I didn't think of that. Depending on our signings, you'd think he'd generate at least a 6th round comp pick for us.

Fitterer out there playing 4d chess

2 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

Patriots had $54,000 in cap space.  They now have over 5 million.  Gilmore was costing them $400,000 a week to sit on the bench.  Beyond that, Gilmore lives in Rock Hill.  From what I've seen hes ok playing out the year for us and negotiating after the year or looking at FA then.  This is more of a prove it chance for him, while also being able to live at home.

I think his agent wasn't seeing offers he wanted since hes been injured for a while now.

Heard they signed Jamie Collins back after making this move so the cap space was needed. 

Options…lots of options.  Resigning Gilmore or DJax is totally up in the air.  We have ridiculous secondary options right now.

If someone can sum up our draft picks in the next couple drafts they are a genius.  Amazing movement and juggling by Fitty.

Edited by Shocker