• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is D Jack gone?

CarolinaXblue

I don’t see a situation where we can keep him. I haven’t looked up all the money and contracts yet, but bringing in a second year guy in Henderson, with Horn and the money we have to pay Gilmore. Doesn’t look good.

Also, I’m loving what Fitterer is doing but the one thing I don’t want to get lost on is not supporting the offense. I know he built the LOB, but I feel like the game has changed. It’s an offensive league now. I’m happy with the moves though, loving the attention to detail he’s bringing!

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CarolinaXblue said:

I don’t see a situation where we can keep him. I haven’t looked up all the money and contracts yet, but bringing in a second year guy in Henderson, with Horn and the money we have to pay Gilmore. Doesn’t look good.

Also, I’m loving what Fitterer is doing but the one thing I don’t want to get lost on is not supporting the offense. I know he built the LOB, but I feel like the game has changed. It’s an offensive league now. I’m happy with the moves though, loving the attention to detail he’s bringing!

According to what I read, Gilmore is on the final year of his contract.  He could be a 1 year rental.  Or we might decide to keep him longer, but we might have some choices to make next year.  Hopefully, that is a good thing.  

• Pie 1

Gilmore is $5.8M this year and then a free agent. If he balls out and is looking for a massive deal I really do not see us re-signing him. In which case we would keep Jackson along with the 2 young guys and still be stacked at CB. If we did keep Gilmore past this year then yeah Jackson is unfortunately probably gone. Which would suck as I love the guy's play

None of the corners we have bringing in have been brought here to replace Jackson. They are where because our depth is thin and injuries. Jackson has been absolutely killing it in coverage and tackling and from what I have seen a great field leader too. We have money to spend next year and he will be worth returning at the right price. Just let the season and off season play out before jumping to conclusions about corners being brought in to replace corners other than Jackson.