• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colin Cowherd likes what he sees

CarolinaLivin

Rams and Seahawks are good comparisons.  Our front office and structure/aggressiveness reminds me of those two teams them most.

You HAVE to be aggressive to win in the NFL (unless your the Patriots w/ Brady).  Whether it is trading up for a QB like the Chiefs did for Mahomes or right now with the Cardinals going out and getting a guy like Hopkins.  

• Pie 3
  • The D 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Tepper wants to actually win so we will eventually. 

We're winning now.

And I agree with Colin on this one. The coaches say hey if we can replace Horn for now we can do this and the owner says hell yeah yall get'er done. 2 great young corners and 2 good maybe great veterans. If we can find a couple of OL by some miracle and a FS then sky's the limit. 

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

17 minutes ago, NAS said:

Except the Rams have spent too much on free agents.  We're still building through the draft, but supplementing through free agency without overspending.

Exactly.   This is why having a Level-Headed GM like Fitterer is such a blessing.

• Beer 1

Seems like we could end up victims of a balloon type mortgage though in the future at this rate.  Things look good now. How many years of salary cap hell and depleted future pick counts will be worth a few seasons of deep playoff runs?  Let's say we even win a Superbowl in there somewhere.  It really seems exciting right.  For an old fart like me a Lombardi trophy would be nice before I'm pushing daisies.  Can aggressiveness like this be sustained?

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

12 minutes ago, panfanman said:

Seems like we could end up victims of a balloon type mortgage though in the future at this rate.  Things look good now. How many years of salary cap hell and depleted future pick counts will be worth a few seasons of deep playoff runs?  Let's say we even win a Superbowl in there somewhere.  It really seems exciting right.  For an old fart like me a Lombardi trophy would be nice before I'm pushing daisies.  Can aggressiveness like this be sustained?

Of course it can.  Thats the whole point.