• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you want to be a playoff team, you win this weekend

TheBigKat

10 wins SHOULD be enough to reach the playoffs.

We need  7 out of these 8 winnable games: Eagles, Vikings, @ Giants,  @ Atl, Atl WFT, @ Dolphins, Pats.

If we lose 2 of the above games we have to win one of these:
 @ Cards, @ Bills, @ Saints, @ Bucs, or Bucs at home.

We can lose to the Eagles and still make the playoffs.  I'm not sure if a loss this weekend would define who we are considering what is waiting to come online.

With Horn gone, Henderson still acclimating, Shaq out, and CMC out, it looks like a tough game.

• Pie 1

Just now, SBBlue said:

We need  7 out of these 8 winnable games: Eagles, Vikings, @ Giants,  @ Atl, Atl WFT, @ Dolphins, Pats.

We can lose to the Eagles and still make the playoffs.  I'm not sure if a loss this weekend would define who we are considering what is waiting to come online.

With Horn gone, Henderson still acclimating, Shaq out, and CMC out, it looks like a tough game.

That 7th playoff spot looks like it should be pretty easy to reach honestly if we are even decent. Especially with the news that Wilson is likely going to miss 6-8 weeks for Seattle. Giving TB the division and assuming 1 WC spot is taken up the Cards/Rams that leaves 2 spots for us, CHI, MIN, NO, WFT, SF, SEA. Bears are 2-2 starting a rookie. Vikings are 1-3 but honestly I think they are the best out of the those teams aside from us. Saints lost to freaking Giants and we dominated them in every facet. WFT is the definition of mediocre. 49ers are starting the rookie because Jimmy G is hurt and half their team is dead again in the toughest division. Seahawks will be starting Geno for over a month in the toughest division.

I do agree that this game will go a long way to showing whether we can actually contend with the big boys or are just an also ran that sneaks into the last playoff spot then gets run over easily, but I feel very confident we will be in the playoffs barring major injuries. 9-8 might get in this year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

I get this sense also.  I predict a close game and lots of bitching (rightfully so) directed at the OL.  

• Pie 1

They have 1 starter on that Oline. They are complaining that Hurts can't, or won't go through his progressions before  taking off. He has bad decision making to go with an overall weak arm. Their Offense is a mess.

They lost Graham, and Barnett and Cox are no-shows. Iffy LBs, and a broke down Slay is their best CB.

That team, IN OUR HOUSE, has no chance.

• Pie 1