• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

i keep thinking about the damn eagles game....who does this team look to when shits falling apart?

electro's horse

10 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This^  These kids have not seen enough battles together to have someone rise to the occasion.  

Isn’t that why there are coaches ?

Plenty of times I saw clips of the great head coaches getting players to get there head in straight 

Rhule calls himself a leader. Lead 

not trying to be a smart ass about it and yes I know leaders need to be on  the field but if there isn’t anyone it falls on the coaches who  assembled the team. 

offense. Usually the QB. if l Darnold  comes out and handles his business like a grown man Qb it’s a moot point 

if he is Darnold  from Ny ….

Edited by raleigh-panther

Just now, raleigh-panther said:

Isn’t that why there are coaches ?

pmenty if times I saw clips of the great head coaches getting players to get there head in straight 

The guys on the field need one of their own out on the field with them. 

Coaches need to help get the players heads straight too, but they really need someone on the field with them, that guy in the huddle and in between plays for individual players who in real time hold them accountable and get them focused and help them shake it off when they fug up.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This^  These kids have not seen enough battles together to have someone rise to the occasion.  

Yep. They have to battle together to gain confidence in each other and for that guy to rise up.

It will happen, but not overnight.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Well you certainly can't look to Sam when things get rocky. Robby is ignored when he gets vocal. The o-linemen are just happy to still be in the NFL. CMC is the goldneboy wunderkind who just wants to blend into the team, and wouldn't mind all of Luke's former commercial endorsement gigs. We don't have a leader on offense.

Edited by pantherj

Absolutely no one.

Darnold by all accounts I've heard isn't a vocal leader.  DJ is pretty quiet.  Robby was fiery last week, but I think in general he's a pretty laid back guy, too.  CMC is probably the most likely guy, but he is currently Mr. Glass, so it doesn't matter.

I know people say QBs don't have to be vocal leaders to be good leaders, and in some instances I agree, but it really, really helps when the guy making the decisions and pulling the trigger every snap is also the guy that can rally the guys up and tell them exactly what they're going to do and then go do it when it's needed.

It’s clearly CMC and it shows. I would also say Robby to an extent but getting everyone to calm down and focus doesn’t really matter if the guy calling the plays has his head up his ass.

It also doesn’t help that we have a QB new to the system who doesn’t seem to have the go ahead and or ability to check out of dogshit plays at the line. Can’t recall a time this season where Sam has called an audible.