• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think I'm ready for PJ

Zod

With our offensive line deficiencies, it sure does seem like we don't roll out and practice scramble situations in practice. Our receivers (primarily Robbie) don't seem to fight their way open and to the ball once it's in the air. That first throw showed a DB more aggressively pursuing the catch than the WR.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I see that our recievers never seem to come back to the ball and help the QB which allows DBs to undercut them.

Sam has clear issues but yea this is also true. When you put on poo NFL teams that's something you notice. Put on Brady/Rodgers/Manning etc and funny how their WRs will got damn be coming back/forward/ and sideways for the ball at all times.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I understand that but if the Receivers caught the damn balls that were catchable, we probably would've won and all this conversation would be is just more b*tching about his inaccuracy on the longball that's been going on all season.

There's a time and place for that....this is not the time after all the f*cking drops, saX. 

I’m saying the blame goes all around while noting what I see in Darnold recently. He has guts and some good drives but looks bad more of the time after some fun starts to the year. Don’t get the hate for saying a bad offense had a bad day. He’s part of it, today not the culprit for the loss, but he hasn’t been good.

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Did you see the first play of the game?

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Nobody wants to talk about it. I don't think it's going to get through. At this point it looks like some people are just accustomed to accepting mediocrity. Actually expecting a real nfl offense led by a 3rd overall pick to muster more than 2 turnovers and 7 points through 3 quarters is apparently unreasonable.

2 hours ago, Supbro said:

The first INT was bad but there was still 58 min to play. Turnovers happen and you probably would have thought he would have another multiple INT game after that. But he rebounded and played good enough where we probably would have won if it wasn’t for the drops. 

Question asked, Question answered.

The first INT was pure ASS, even to me.    Pissed me off.

But there was, as Supbro said, still 58 minutes of game to play...

....unless Shotgun and frank turned off the game right after that INT (which I wouldn't blame them, I guess)

Some person here said Sam was too afraid to throw the ball and ended up running it a lot...well, he had 4 rushes for 48 yards while having 41...yes...41 passing attempts so that theory is flawed.    He completed only 17 with a good chunk of that attributed to the dropsies.  

I know people don't like excuses but goddamn...this game was full of valid ones for Sam to have.

Him leading the Game-Tying drive to get it to OT for the Panthers with the chance to win, certainly helps his case.

Has anyone stopped to think about the fact all these drops can also make a QB press?

I'm sure it's harder to get in rhythm.

Catch the ball. Get some early success and let him build and feed off it.

We've had the drops all year long. If it hits your hands in the NFL you are supposed to catch it.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

Has anyone stopped to think about the fact all these drops can also make a QB press?

We've had the drops all year long. If it hits your hands in the NFL you are supposed to catch it.

Yea I think most people were bludgeoned by the drops into submission to admit this/ At first it was just all Darnold Darnold Darnold but then when every starting pass catcher drops a pass and your 1/2 drop multiple each they can't do nothing but wait till next week.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Yeah like wtf, are we the Steelers now? Dropping great passes left and right.

• Pie 1

DJ first drop was business decision that I don’t blame him for.  Sam set up our best WR to be murdered. 

the exact reason Tom Brady argued the NFL is now over officiated.  QBs making poor throws that get guys murdered too often.  You can’t throw those.  

22 minutes ago, ChibCU said:

With our offensive line deficiencies, it sure does seem like we don't roll out and practice scramble situations in practice. Our receivers (primarily Robbie) don't seem to fight their way open and to the ball once it's in the air. That first throw showed a DB more aggressively pursuing the catch than the WR.

I noticed the same thing, just freestyle at that point. WR's just sticking on the sideline moving back and forth,  cut inside or something. Also w the injuries I dunno why Shi Smith wasn't getting more action, he had 2 targets for 20 yards and has fresh legs.