• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Florio confirms: It's currently down to the Dolphins and Panthers for Deshaun Watson

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, SJTGV said:

She's getting fans hopes up for a potential trade of a superstar QB (has been all offseason) and during draft season she spins all this bullshit that never happens lol I don't remember that last time anything she said actually happened? So why keep doing it?

SHE is getting them up??? So....for sure none of the other sports media are too, huh? Just her?

Riiiiight.

• Flames 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Now, if he comes clean after this is all done and says, "Hey, I got caught up in this fetish and I went further than I should have." That is where people are usually forgiving. Mike Vick was able to do that and he seemed sincere about his change.

I said on here day 1 this is all he should have done.  Say exactly what you typed, settle with the girls, chalk it up as a learning experience and go on down the road.

Calling 22 girls liars isnt a good look

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

Pretty sure I saw where Watson said he does not want to play in Philly.  Now, that could be B.S., as he didnt speak it himself in the media, so who knows...

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

yeah only hope is they don’t offer more or deshaun says no to the Eagles with his no trade clause

Well the one thing I just realized is that the Eagles have 3 first round picks in this year's draft. The value of having a first round pick in this year's draft is lower comparatively to last year's draft. The talent is just not as high this year. 

Also, the Eagles dont really have players they could offer back to the Texans in a deal. Half glass full perspective. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Legal issues aside, if the rumors are correct about what the Texans want for him, it pretty much puts a team in a hole to get him. What's the point of having an elite QB if you give up multiple high picks for years, your good young players, and therefore can't build a good team around him?

Robby is having a terrible season and the Texans will not want him. CMC is injured again, so they probably won't want him. That leaves the likes of Moore, Chinn, Burns, and Brown for them to take away. Watson isn't worth giving up several young players.

We have no idea what is what. Maybe the legal issues pass, maybe he is out of the league forever. Maybe the price is insane and we get to see Sean Gilbert 2.0 or the Hershel Walker trade or the Ricky Williams trade. Or maybe the price is reasonable and we become contenders for a long time.

We don't know anything because nothing has happened. People are largely breaking down something that hasn't happened and my not happen and drawing these crazy lines in the sand. I want him under certain conditions. That is my stance.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

SHE is getting them up??? So....for sure none of the other sports media are too, huh? Just her?

Riiiiight.

I get what he's saying you should always have a degree of skepticism with things like this. But it's just information and we live in a time when said information moves at an instantaneous pace. We're all adults and can choose what we want to believe though.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I said on here day 1 this is all he should have done.  Say exactly what you typed, settle with the girls, chalk it up as a learning experience and go on down the road.

Ya, but the criminal liability side of this means he’d probably be in prison right now.

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I don't disagree at all but there is a chance(although remote and one I don't personally think is terribly likely) he is innocent. In that case, I would fight too.

In reality, he is probably just listening to his lawyers advice, regardless of the facts.

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Well the one thing I just realized is that the Eagles have 3 first round picks in this year's draft. 

This seems might seem like a lot of value on the surface, but not when you realize that to bring Watson in, you would like some of those first round picks to be conditional based on his potential future playing time.  Lot easier to make a 2023 1st round pick conditional based on his 2022 playing time than it is a 2022 1st round pick based on his 2022 playing time.

1. Big Ben got suspended six games for his alleged misconduct. He was never charged criminally. I don't see anyway Watson avoids at least a six game suspension.

2. 18 million is what the Panthers owe Darnold for 2022. That's a little high for a backup but not unheard of. Mike Glennon is currently making 18 million to be the backup in New York behind Jones.

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

if you dont like what she shares ignore it. We appreciate her insights. Being a brat about it does nothing but make you look like the nuisance. 

Because she's basically a lying via opinion and we get on other posters about that so why let this slide? I could say everything she said and I would get ran off this board 

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We have no idea what is what. Maybe the legal issues pass, maybe he is out of the league forever. Maybe the price is insane and we get to see Sean Gilbert 2.0 or the Hershel Walker trade or the Ricky Williams trade. Or maybe the price is reasonable and we become contenders for a long time.

We don't know anything because nothing has happened. People are largely breaking down something that hasn't happened and my not happen and drawing these crazy lines in the sand. I want him under certain conditions. That is my stance.

Fair enough. I don't see how a Watson trade could be reasonable though considering the stupid trades made for rookie QBs in the last decade. RG3 was what, three first rounders? Or was it two? Then this past draft, it was 3 for the third QB. And those trades were just for potential, not a proven, young QB like Watson.

• Beer 1