• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chuba Hubbard is a NFL starter

Zod

I really think Chuba is good enough to start in this league and do very well. The drop off from McCaffrey really isn't all that drastic. Most of the problem is that Chuba is open on the check down but Darnold would rather throw a pick down field. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 3
  • Poo 9

Just now, Aussie Tank said:

As much as it makes me sad probably should trade CMC when he’s healthy. Just keep churning through RBs on rookie contracts 

Trading CMC for the sake of trading CMC is a mistake. We need a clear idea of what we expect to get in return. Is he part of a deal for Watson? Is he part of a deal for a very good offensive lineman? Are we getting a 1st round draft pick(at least)?

If the answer is no to any of those questions, I am not seeing a spectacular reason to start tearing down everything. Remember, as bad as this is, we aren't that many pieces away from being a good team.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

As much as it makes me sad probably should trade CMC when he’s healthy. Just keep churning through RBs on rookie contracts 

If you pay top dollar for a QB you have no choice here.  RBs do well earlier than WRs so you have to invest in WR/TE if forced to pick

I think from a running perspective, Chuba looks the part.  He could be a good, quality NFL back.  CMC is a different animal.  Now the injuries have sucked, but we're stuck with his massive contract.  Hopefully he can get heathy during this time on IR, and come back this season.  While the temptation to protect him from himself is high, he's getting paid a poo ton of money, may as well make him earn it.

Now if he does come back, and the offense changes for the better, then we need to get rid of all the offensive coaches lol.  I get that CMC is really important, but if after a season's worth of games, you haven't figured out how to still score point and convert 3rd downs...  You are a piss poor group of coaches.  

I love CMC, and I love watching him play. Our draft is fugged up like no other right now without 2nd and 3rd round picks.  May as well try to have the best and most productive season as possible and play CMC.  Then re-evaluate everything in the offseason.  There will be coaching departures.  Either from college or from firing.  I'm not sure who does what, but I'm pretty sure things will look different in 2022.

• Pie 2

Oh we mayne.  That pass.  It’s why Sam Darnold is horrible.  It’s why the OL isn’t the cause of him being horrible.  He has always done that.   He always will.  Just horrific. 

but yeah, Chuba is off to a nice start.    But there is a big gap between CMC and Chuba as players. Big gap between RBs isn’t a drastic as QB and we shouldn’t be paying for that difference. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1