• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport believes Watson will be traded before the deadline

t96

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

You say no owners care about morals or ethics, which is ridiculous.  Also, you imply Tepper will pay off these women from his own pocket.  All your assumptions of these people are completely negative and honestly offending.

Wtf???  I didn't say or imply Tepper would pay off the accusers.  Did you not see the word "legally"?  I meant as in helping Watson with his legal defense, I wasn't even thinking about paying anyone off, but legal/civil settlements are also a legal means of resolution in cases like this.  

And sorry I spoke down on your heroes, apparently...  even though I laid out numerous examples of the NFL and many of their team owners being completely and willfully ignorant of morality if it gets in their way of winning and profits.  And Tepper also made a statement when he bought the team in the wake of the JR scandal that he would not tolerate sexual violence or assault in any fashion being associated with this organization - and now look at us.  Get off your high horse and save it.  Facts and history are on my side on this argument, and it proves the NFL is a scum organization.  And maybe you wouldn't be so offended if you read what was typed instead of inferring what you want out of it.

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

Why the f*ck are you excited?

or rather why would ANYONE be excited?

Maybe if Watson didn't have these legal issues, there would be reason for this but he DOES have legal issues and won't be on the field for perhaps 1-2 seasons (maybe more if he ends up serving Jail-time)...

Im not dismissing the #MeToo movement and Watson could very well be a horny predator but facts are its been like 7 months since the story has been out, the FBI and DA are involved and theres not even one charge yet?

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

Why the f*ck are you excited?

or rather why would ANYONE be excited?

Maybe if Watson didn't have these legal issues, there would be reason for this but he DOES have legal issues and won't be on the field for perhaps 1-2 seasons (maybe more if he ends up serving Jail-time)...

HES. NOT. GOING. TO. BE. SUSPENDED. OR. PUT. ON. THE. EXEMPT. LIST. 
Full stop. 

5 hours ago, t96 said:

That "something" we're getting has a significant chance of winding up behind bars... 2 1sts AND higher profile players, that's a fat no from me dawg. 2 1sts and Robby maybe if they take Sam I'd consider. But our 1st next year looking like it might be pretty damn high. Watson would help but the back half of the schedule is brutal, I'm not sure he'd even be enough to save this season. Could wind up being a top 10 pick even with Watson here.

I doubt he has a "significant" chance of being behind bars. Anyone saying that is way overblowing this. Watson is not facing criminal charges, and if he were going to face criminal charges, the law would've likely already charged him. If this is like most of these situations, he'll likely get a a number of games off after all this crap is settled.