• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapaport: Panthers/ Tepper out of Watson deal

FugginPoo

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Watson is saying that a 1-6 Dolphins team still looks like a better option than us.

From the beginning I've believed and maintained the Texans shouldn't and wouldn't trade him nor do I think they've had any material negotiations whatsoever...

...all the "rumors" originate with Watson's agent (David Mulugheta) in a failed effort to stoke the fire.  

That said, it's possible the "Miami only" rumor is true (again from Mulugheta) and if so it's simply Mr. Whip-It-Out wanting to be traded to a "destination" vs. a team/organization...

...Mr. W.I.O. is all about the South Beach scene

Just now, CarolinaLivin said:

so we bring Cam back and put him in front of an even worse OL than the one we used to ruin him? 

Its so crazy it..... just.... might..... work

Cam is use to playing behind poo Lines plus his wrs are way better then what he has here in the past which makes up for it and his running threat.

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Not that I am in denial, but I also wondered if the initial report that we're "out" is part of a bigger game of chess.  

As in, maybe we aren't actually out, but playing a game of leverage...  I think the Texans have been putting stuff out to up the bids, and I think this could be a counter to that.  I also always found it curious that in every other big deal we have completed, there was absolutely ZERO rumors connecting us to them until they happened.  Fitt seems to like to move in silence.  So, the fact that we had these reports openly linking us to the deal never sat right with me, as our FO appears to be able to keep stuff pretty close to the vetlst while they're working it...  again, it makes me think this is something else.  I think the Texans have been pushing a lot of the news out there over the last week to up the ante.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Panthers12211981 said:

Malik Willis should be our pick he is climbing up draft boards depends on where we end up drafting in the end.

Any time you have a chance to draft a QB that struggles to complete half of his passes against Louisiana-Monroe, you gotta do it. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Panthers12211981 said:

Malik Willis should be our pick he is climbing up draft boards depends on where we end up drafting in the end.

6'1" 225 pounds playing for Liberty? We could have just drafted Fields who played actual competition in college.

Edited by PootieNunu

29 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Here is what I think, we are gonna see this team start to lay down in the next 4-5 weeks. Get ready to see some 2019 stuff.

If that happens, it won't take 4-5 weeks to do so. If Robbie and DJ have started making business decisions the last couple weeks on certain throws, it won't take long to go from that to just not trying at all. The rest of the team will do the same. May take two weeks or less depending on how all this affects the team's morale.