• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam

ladypanther

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Tremble caught every ball thrown his way but 1.  And that’s not a drop.  And him not pulling that in isn’t something you should be complaining about.  He gave it all he had but the ball was still far out for him.   He is a rookie TE.  

lot of drops aren’t even drops people talk about around here.  Then for some reason we are suppose to ignore Sam’s role in a lot of the drops.   He has been throwing guys into hits all season and giving them hard balls to catch.  Sam is a big part of why we lead the league in drops.   And that has to be said when we talk about drops.  

Ok. Let me explain it.  A rushed pass is not usually a accurate pass.   Cam overthrew bout 80 percent of his passes until his shoulder went south then he underthrew The same percentage.  The receivers were expected to make the play.  The oline is a issue.  Watch Cooper Rush tonight.  Dude has spent a lot of time on the pine but will likely make some plays cause the Dallas oline is solid.  There is no need for a scapegoat.  The team has had injury and continuity issues for weeks.  

• Poo 3

6 minutes ago, trueblade said:

It's the most important question we need to answer this season. 

We already know he isn't, tho. But we can still feel for the dude that played that hard and left the game with an injury.

I get this is a forum so we will all always share our opinions, but I guess part of me wishes that we didn't need to have a "but he's still trash" Convo in every thread related to him... At least about his injury.  But I get it.

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I doubt it was the plan. I am just not gonna cry crocodile tears for a guy that is 100% not the answer. 

It isn't important what we have at QB now. They both suck royally. It's about the running game and this defense. That is our only avenue for success in the short term.

You can never root against or diminish a guy who give his all,  I will guarentee, he will be top 15 QB with a better oline....how's  Mahomes doing?  Don't  they have better line, coach and wr?  How about Baker?  Don't they supposed to have the top 3 oline, wrs, and rbs?   Only things that suck is the negative Nacies that overreact and call every negative play as  Armageddon.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Sam the Cat said:

You can never root against or diminish a guy who give his all,  I will guarentee, he will be top 15 QB with a better oline....how's  Mahomes doing?  Don't  they have better line, coach and wr?  How about Baker?  Don't they supposed to have the top 3 oline, wrs, and rbs?   Only things that suck is the negative Nacies that overreact and call every negative play as  Armageddon.

Edit: nm

I agree our line is an issue but man... Well let's jsut see. Gonna try to stay positive for a few days.

Edited by mav1234

36 minutes ago, Sam the Cat said:

Mahomes has 18 passing touchdowns on the season. Our offense couldn't muster one of those against a bottom defense in the Falcons. Look this whole optimism vs pessimism thing overtaking the Panthers fanbase isn't anything new sports can be a rough ride and Sam is by no means the first Panthers qb to get criticism. Delhomme is one of two long term starting qb's in our 26 year history and he got a ton of grief. But this stuff with comparing Sam to Mahomes will get you laughed right off other teams forums. We won because we ran the ball a ton and even then it was still close. There is much room for improvement and if we want a chance at either the Cards or Bills we will need a better passing offense it isn't being negative to say so it's realism.

8 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Olsen caught those same balls for Cam.

Steve caught those same balls for Jake.

If it hits your hands it never hits the ground. That's the standard.

And they both have said publicly that if the ball hits the hands, it should be caught. Both of them. I wouldn't argue with those that played the game at the highest level with QB's not known for perfect accuracy.

8 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Exactly.  Darnold ain't it and even our coaching staff recognizes that now.  We've had Teddy Bridgewater, Kyle Allen, Taylor Heineke, and Cam Newton on our roster under Rhule.  Not that any of those guys were the long term answer, but I'm not sure Darnold is better than any of them.  PJ being our only backup is pretty bad as well.  Very concerning that we cannot seem to evaluate QBs.

No, just no. Nope. I can't believe that there are so many pages after your post and no one corrected you. But then, they're too busy arguing among themselves. The only starters Rhule has had are Bridgewater and Darnold. Newton, Allen and Heinicke were released or not re-signed. 

4 hours ago, Sam the Cat said:

I am not rooting against him. Never have and don't plan to because that hurts the team. 

He isn't going to be a top 15 QB, no matter the circumstances. It doesn't matter how many alt accounts get created to push that narrative. 

Like I said, I don't care if he sits or not because he doesn't contribute enough to our success to make an impact. Same thing I could say about Dennis Daley or Cam Erving or Kevin Miller or any number of the bums on that OL unit. Doesn't matter how many times we shuffle through that deck of turds, it still ends up poo. That's the Sam Darnold and PJ Walker situation. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

Are we really excited about Sam because he looked ok in a game where our strategy was keep the ball out if his hands? We ran the ball as much as possible and even ran Sam into an injury. It worked against the Falcons defense. That’s not a strategy for long term success. Teams will stop the run, we will be behind in games. Sam has a lot of development/progression to do for me to be comfortable with him starting next year. That Giants game was horrendous…

• Beer 3

I wish people would stop acting like Sam played bad the last few weeks because that's all he's capable of. Let's ignore the fact that the online was horrible, and his receivers can't catch it seems. 

Of course he's going to regress in those situations. And QB would look trash in similar situations, quit fooling yourselves. 

He needs at least decent online play just like any capable QB. 

• Pie 3