• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam

ladypanther

12 minutes ago, t96 said:

Dude, no. There's enough of a drop off at QB that he is in no way expendable. PJ tried to give the game away on his 1st or 2nd snap.

Yeah, he is. We are not going to win this year based on our QB. That is over.

We have a rushing offense and a great defense. That is our identity.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

Why I will always be pro player.   

For Sam and any other player who went to a school you have a personal connection to. Meanwhile you identify our only MVP in franchise history as a sulking petulant little girl because he hated losing. Spare us the moral stand.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, frankw said:

I'm happy with his effort and he bounced back well enough but Joe Brady has to understand he does not have Cam Newton. Do not put your qb in jeopardy when you have a run game going like we did with Chuba and Abdullah.

Yeah … I had a problem with the call or decision by Darnold or both. Not sure what Darnold was thinking acting like a RB towards the end of that play. As a result he takes himself out of the game and potentially future ones. To me that was not a very smart decision.  

29 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

Heard it straight from several horses mouths, on the sidelines, on campus and speaking at alumni clubs.  Why I will always be pro player.   

To be fair, every Fortune 500 business is like this. I worked for a top company in IT

they would  lay a person off for any reason if they could find someone cheaper, not better, cheaper     God forbid, a person get a long term, illness.  They didn’t  care if you worked sick or holidays or through family illnesses  

It is a tough world out there, and contrary to what modern athletes think, it is for most at a hundredth  of what athletes make 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Yes Sam played with heart and guts but he was getting the running opportunities because of his glaring passing deficiencies. It looked pretty clear to me Joe Brady's gameplan was to limit Sam's mistakes as much as possible.

Now imagine if the coaches had been smart enough to do use the running game weeks ago, especially since they kept saying they were treating Sam like a rookie.

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

For Sam and any other player who went to a school you have a personal connection to. Meanwhile you identify our only MVP in franchise history as a sulking petulant little girl because he hated losing. Spare us the moral stand.

My  God you've gone off the deep end. She wasn't even here when Cam was, and has never said a bad thing about him. You should maybe log off if you cannot talk to people in a calm manner.

• Pie 1