• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Erving's "effort" on the play that got Sam hurt

trueblade

2 hours ago, Varking said:

Except our QB red zone runs are exactly why our red zone efficiency has jumped drastically over last season. Those plays work because Sam isn’t expected to run. Plus, on most of them he goes untouched to the end zone. 

This was failure on multiple levels. Erving, Paradis and Sam Darnold. There really isn’t much of an argument for not sliding there. It’s not like he didn’t see guys coming and he knows he has to protect himself. 

What if he did see him coming but expected his O-Lineman to pick up his man?

4 hours ago, Varking said:

He knows who Erving is after half a season. He knew he wasn’t coming to block one of two dudes about to hit him. He needed to get down. 

Or, watching the replay, he just didn't see the defender to his right.

Like he's done with locking onto one receiver, he had tunnel-vision and locked onto the Endzone.

Had he seen the defender in his peripheral vision coming at him like a freight train from the side, he could've reacted and slid or dived forward to get as close to the endzone as possible.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, frankw said:

Oh relax with the drama. Nobody wants to see any player injured. We don't know what his future holds as the starter here but until shown otherwise it doesn't look particularly bright rn and acknowledging that is just reality. We obviously can't wait forever for the light to finally come on for a fourth year pro.

Only you would use this as a opportunity to criticize the guy getting blown the fug up. Damn she trolled you like a boss…

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Yeah, Sam is such an idiot. Who is dumb enough to want to make a play in that situation?

And if Sam had slid, you'd probably call him out for not going for it.

Ah Goob, never change dude.

I hear what you're saying, but I was actually surprised when Darnold didn't slide. 

But, yeah, the blocking left a lot to be desired. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Or, watching the replay, he just didn't see the defender to his right.

Like he's done with locking onto one receiver, he had tunnel-vision and locked onto the Endzone.

Had he seen the defender in his peripheral vision coming at him like a freight train from the side, he could've reacted and slid or dived forward to get as close to the endzone as possible.

You have to keep your head on a swivel. They teach this in pop warner.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Only you would use this as a opportunity to criticize the guy getting blown the fug up. Damn she trolled you like a boss…

The sensitivity level here over Darnold is wild. You can't even talk about his faults. Honestly my friend if you're up at 3 in the morning venting about this I think you may be the one getting trolled. Hope you slept good!

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, frankw said:

The sensitivity level here over Darnold is wild. You can't even talk about his faults. Honestly my friend if you're up at 3 in the morning venting about this I think you may be the one getting trolled. Hope you slept good!

Just care less and enjoy laughing at them. I'm more interested to see if we can get a practice squad guy to outplay their savior at this point.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

It's no different than Cam. If you criticized him at all you were told to get in your F150.