• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold getting MRI on shoulder.

Tbe

Just now, Jmac said:

If I had millions in the bank I would just GTFO of football and live a life. Who needs the stress and depression that failing at a job brings. Just move on.

Well not when you just got your 5th year option picked up. You are going to show up and be like "what".

Then you move on

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Oh, yes, this is setting up so comically predictable. 

Everything is about self preservation and saving face. 

Sam and Rhule knew all the details of that shoulder before game. Sam was clear he knew the details and didn't want to talk about it.   He was given a chance not to suck again.  If he didn't suck? Well, they just keep on keeping on for another week. But he did. 

So they IR him.  Rhule then can claim at the end, well you know Sam did get hurt.  Yeah, he didn't play great in a couple games but you know the injury and all that.  If he hadn't gotten hurt we probably could of gotten him back to what he was at the start of the year.   Which was great.  Remember that.   Insert a bunch of nonense.   

Look I'm not trying to defend Rhule but he's so clearly thrown Darnold under the bus.  That relationship isn't being repaired.  I don't know why you keep trying to push the narrative that Rhule is looking to make an excuse for Darnold or that he's trying to convince people that Darnold can still start.  You'll never hear a HC talk as lowly to the media as Rhule did about Darnold yesterday.

Dude was straight up asked if the team could win with Darnold and he said he had to watch film.  Again, that is him basically saying "no" without saying no.  

Plenty of things to criticize Rhule for but he's been blunt about Darnold over the last 3 games.  I've never heard a HC speak so lowly about his starting QB.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CashNewton22 said:

If you think for even 5 seconds Dave Tepper is going to let that happen again I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. I know we're all mad from yesterday still and how bad Darnold sucks but imagine being the one who had to cut him a check. There's 0% chance they're going to bring him back as the starter next year and that's if he's back at all. 

Yeah you have to pay him so why not let him be a back up. He’s a better back up than PJ. So if you got to pay him make up a “QB Battle” that’s not really a battle between him and the first rounder, let Sam back him up and then let him walk at the season end.

10 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Similar to Jake Delhomme in 2009.  

No, Delhomme's arm was actually toast.   Jake could no longer could hit the same passes (windows w/velocity) he did prior to the Tommy John surgery.  He kept trying though and it led to numerous picks.  Yeah, once it was obvious his arm was a limp noodle and his confidence was shot, they put him on IR.

"reveals inflammation" goes short term IR is my guess 

I have zero interest in seeing PJ on the field. At least with Morgan we can see if theres anything worth developing in the future. 

PJ never should have made the roster over Grier. Neither belong in the NFL but at least Will showed something in preseason games.

• Pie 3

Just now, SteveSmithTD89 said:

I have zero interest in seeing PJ on the field. At least with Morgan we can see if theres anything worth developing in the future. 

PJ never should have made the roster over Grier. Neither belong in the NFL but at least Will showed something in preseason games.

It has to be Morgan.   Eff pj.  Eff that noise 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Only thing to do really. See if some random QB we picked up can be Kurt Warner or something. Bagging groceries to getting killed behind this OL most likely but gotta do something.

• Pie 1

Matt Rhule in the press conference was asked if he felt Darnold's shoulder had anything to do with his lackluster performance and he basically said "no, I didn't see that as being the case."

Nobody is trying to put Darnold on IR just to "save their asses."  In all likelihood, he probably is really experiencing soreness the day after taking his first contact post-injury.  Think people are way too caught up in some conspiracy or whatever.

Rhule doesn't care about Darnold anymore.  It's pretty blatantly obvious he's given up on him.