• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady

ncfan

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

Erm, what do you think Romo and the Mannings do during the week?

Here's Greg Olsen doing it in his new role:

Yeah, they can flip on some random tape right before they call a game and then call out a poo ton of plays.   That’s the whole point in a nutshell.    It’s not a rare feat.  Happens every week to almost every team. 

it’s not like they had to spend a decade in a division vs someone to maybe figure something out.   People are arguing it that well yeah a HOFer like Luke spends  a career studying a divisional opponent like Sean Payton might be able call out plays like it is some rare feat.  Now Luke can probably call out more than most.  It’s was a science to him. 

I agree nobody could be successful with the way Darnold is playing.  A huge part of this style of offense is hitting receivers on 10-20 yard patterns.  Darnold can't read the field, so he can't complete anything other than a check down route.  Whether it's a short hitch by DJ or a back coming out of the backfield.  He can't seem to find anyone else on any other route.  The only other pass he throws is a prayer downfield, regardless of the coverage.  He's very inaccurate down the field as well. 

It's incredibly difficult to tell if the offensive scheme is any good, because Darnold isn't capable of running it.  Even though Teddy wasn't elevated to stardom, he put up some of the best numbers of his career in the same system.  We had red zone problems, but we didn't have a problem moving the ball.

That said, I've lost faith in Matt Rhule and I think we need to clean house.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

It's incredibly difficult to tell if the offensive scheme is any good, because Darnold isn't capable of running it.  

That said, I've lost faith in Matt Rhule and I think we need to clean house.

No it isn't and that's not how this works at all. Everyone gets evaluated in football not based on just how the play is executed as a whole.

You can look at what's going on in the play regardless of how it got executed.

He has WRs running INTO the defender in zone coverage....does it really need to be explained that you don't have a scheme/play that has your players going TO defenders that are in a zone?

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Going off CRA's post, what good does it do Rhule to fire him now? The answer is nothing, especially if things stay the same or get worse. Who does Rhule blame or sacrifice at the end of the season if Brady is already gone? Rhule will wait it out and fire Brady at the end of the season if Brady doesn't walk on his own. Blaming the OC will only work once to save an HC's job if the owner and GM have a lick of sense.

Saving the locker room and showing leadership. The offence is bad and has gotten worse week after week as the other team knows what we're doing. That's on the OC. The OL can't block, the WRs are afraid to get nailed as they are being targeted and Sam has no one open while running for his life. 

This is a young team and vets are frustrated and something has to change. Rhule can't let things continue as they are. They must use the same philosophy that they use with players that don't work out. You move on from a mistake and look for an alternative. Brady isn't cutting it and I'm a homer but at this point it's clear to me. Move on from Brady first and then judge the rest. Good play calling can help Sam and the OL but what we're getting isn't helping anyone. The offense looks lost and that's on the OC at this point. If it continues then that's on the HC and the Org. They need to change something and do it now or all the good that I believe they have done will be for nothing. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Saving the locker room and showing leadership. The offence is bad and has gotten worse week after week as the other team knows what we're doing. That's on the OC. The OL can't block, the WRs are afraid to get nailed as they are being targeted and Sam has no one open while running for his life. 

This is a young team and vets are frustrated and something has to change. Rhule can't let things continue as they are. They must use the same philosophy that they use with players that don't work out. You move on from a mistake and look for an alternative. Brady isn't cutting it and I'm a homer but at this point it's clear to me. Move on from Brady first and then judge the rest. Good play calling can help Sam and the OL but what we're getting isn't helping anyone. The offense looks lost and that's on the OC at this point. If it continues then that's on the HC and the Org. They need to change something and do it now or all the good that I believe they have done will be for nothing. 

Everything you say is on Brady is actually on Rhule. He's the HC and has final say on everything from plays to roster decisions. Instead of saying he can't let things continue, you should be saying he shouldn't have let things get as bad as they are. His ego wrote a check he can't cash.

20 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Everything you say is on Brady is actually on Rhule. He's the HC and has final say on everything from plays to roster decisions. Instead of saying he can't let things continue, you should be saying he shouldn't have let things get as bad as they are. His ego wrote a check he can't cash.

Disagree

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When you can't block and you have a QB who is one read and panic and throw an INT, it really limits your ability to run an offense whether we're talking NFL, college, high school, whatever.

So why even play? Some of you people crack me up. Rhule DID NOT inherit this roster. He had his hand in all personnel decisions. It's his baby. Stop fabricating soo many excuses.

• Flames 1