• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Silver Platter Sam a viable backup QB for Panthers over the long term?

SizzleBuzz

Is Silver Platter Sam a viable backup QB for Panthers over the long term?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye?

• No.
    • Yes.

Honestly, no.

You don’t expect your backup to be able to carry you, otherwise he’d be the starter, but you do expect him to come in when called upon, not turn the ball over, and try to keep the ship afloat a few games. Darnold throws way too many turnovers for that. He’s either a starter or 3rd string project, and that project label is me being nice since this is year 4 for him. He’s proven to not be a starter in this league, so if I had to keep him, it would be as a 3rd/Practice Squad guy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Honestly, no.

You don’t expect your backup to be able to carry you, otherwise he’d be the starter, but you do expect him to come in when called upon, not turn the ball over, and try to keep the ship afloat a few games. Darnold throws way too many turnovers for that. He’s either a starter or 3rd string project, and that project label is me being nice since this is year 4 for him. He’s proven to not be a starter in this league, so if I had to keep him, it would be as a 3rd/Practice Squad guy.

Yeah, he is so bad that 3rd string is likely where he slots right now. 

IMO, he will go to one more team as a backup and then be out of the NFL.

• Beer 3