• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers plan on meeting with Cam

ncfan

Just now, KSpan said:

I think Cam is a shadow of his MVP self but has some quality play left in the tank and shouldn't have been dumped last year, so that's my starting point.

With that said, what an admission of failure by the staff (I'll let Fitterer off the hook for the moment since he wasn't here last year). Maybe this even being a possibility at all is a sign that heads are coming out of shadowy places and some lessons have been learned. 

yeah if nothing else I give them credit for not being stubborn idiots

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

I feel like Cam returning is a likelihood given the names listed. Also to me, Drummond is the interesting one in that mix. I feel like he is there to talk non-football things like role, expectations, and messaging.

Drummond and Cam are extremely tight, professionally and personally. Steven was basically Cams handler.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, Verge said:

It's definitely happening. He is the starter against Ron Rivera next week.

Well, not doubting you and your sources.  

but until it happens, I just think it is a means to shut people up and Cam look looks bad in the end. But my gut has only been wrong a couple thousand times on football takes. 

Cam gets an offer but it and the actual outlook of it all is so bad for him …and he says no.   Rent him to dump him. Again? Then our front office can tell folks they tried. 

If we do sign him he will win some games and it will just keep our Superbowl hopes pushed back 5 or 6 more years.

Honestly it's the wrong move if you're thinking long term and championship.

Cam doesn't have the ability to win a Superbowl. 

Oh well you got your wish for a feel good dopamine rush. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 3

3 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

I feel like Cam returning is a likelihood given the names listed. Also to me, Drummond is the interesting one in that mix. I feel like he is there to talk non-football things like role, expectations, and messaging.

That, and I think he was one of the closest guys in the organization to Cam.  He was constantly with him everywhere...  and I think you're right.  If he's there to meet with him, and Tepper?  It's gotta be a done deal.

• Pie 1