• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Real or Fake...

SetfreexX

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

You can know football and be a shitty person, Nick Saban and Dabo Swinney are the poster children for that movie.

The difference is they can get away with taking to young kids like that but grown ass men eventually get tired of it, especially when money is involved.

You can’t treat and coach college players the same way you treat and coach adults.

You can also be the best coach in the world but if your character is shitty then you will lose your team.

We have portions of the team playing well but it’s not amounting to success, that’s on your coach. The team is not together right now… hopefully Cam can help fix that but that is on Rhule.

I don’t coach football but I do coach soccer at a high level and hold a ton of licenses, there’s much more that goes into coaching then just knowing the game. At the end of the day, the X’s and O’s amount to less than 50% of what makes a successful coach. That’s why some people who know the game can’t hack it.

Soccer and football aren't even close to the same. Nothing you do as a coach in soccer translates into football. Not physically or mentally. 

Rhule sealed his own fate when they sent Teddy walking lol. 

First they moved on from Cam and then they moved on from Teddy a year later. And then we find ourselves last week watching a bad quarterback playing on a bad shoulder lead our offense to zero points against a winnable NE Patriots team. 

I'm sure Tepper had seen enough by that point. 

13 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Soccer and football aren't even close to the same. Nothing you do as a coach in soccer translates into football. Not physically or mentally. 

It literally doesn’t matter.

If you think coaching is only about the X’s and O’s then go spend thousands of dollars on licenses, listen to some of the best minds in the world in sports, and come back and talk to me.

I’ll also mention I did work as a quality control assistant for for an FCS team that is now an FBS team for coaching experience. 50% of the time was focused on X’s and O’s, the other 50% was countless other things. I’ve literally sat in a positions team room with a former Panthers player who is now a coach and we had this same exact conversation.

People tend to forget that these are games that grown adults are playing and there is only so many ways you can play. There is overlap in every system and as adults these players don’t have to be taught much, they’ve already learned it in college. That’s why Rhule is a good coach at the college level, he can teach the game. Bottom line is these are NFL players they don’t need to be taught. He’ll lose the team if he continues to treat them like children.

His downfall is going to be his ego, manipulation, and his integrity. College football coaches are known to be some of the most egocentric coaches because they are treated like royalty by their fanbases and they have to manipulate young kids to get them to join their team.

If he continues to treat these NFL players the same way he treats college kids then he’s going to get the Chip Kelly treatment (which is a great comparison for Rhule).

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Rhule sealed his own fate when they sent Teddy walking lol. 

First they moved on from Cam and then they moved on from Teddy a year later. And then we find ourselves last week watching a bad quarterback playing on a bad shoulder lead our offense to zero points against a winnable NE Patriots team. 

I'm sure Tepper had seen enough by that point. 

Shipping Teddy out was absolutely the right move - dude's middling and a rate limiter. Replacing him with Darnold was not ideal. 

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when these conversations are going down.

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Can someone translate that for me?  And why is she not catching hell for that word?

God I swear this site is full of boomers. Sheena is saying that the Panthers were begging to have Cam back. And as far as "that word" is concerned, Sheena didn't say it, the person texting her did.