• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading for CJ Henderson was a mistake.

hepcat

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

This was a thread about how we got fleeced and CJ was never seeing the field. Give credit where credit is due. CJ is getting healthy and seeing more playing time. The outcome of this trade is still very much up in the air. We got screwed on the Sam trade, hopefully this one will turn out differently. 

I decent game doesn’t change anything, he did play good today, but at the same time he has been on the team how long? Nice of him to show up today tho

3 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I decent game doesn’t change anything, he did play good today, but at the same time he has been on the team how long? Nice of him to show up today tho

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/panthers-cj-henderson-questionable-for-week-8/amp/
In his defense he has been hurt. I see a bright future with Horn, Taylor, and CJ but maybe I’m just overly optimistic. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

This thread was always a garbage take. We traded a 3rd for him.  He wasn't necessarily meant to be a starter right away.  That was said from the beginning. The guy wasn't worth the draft position, but thankfully that's not what we paid for him. 

This thread is really a year too early.

Yep even Rhule said this is for a few years down the road when we acquired him. He had a good amount of playing time tonight which is a plus. Taylor has been playing stellar. He might have been our draft steal…

• Pie 2

On 11/12/2021 at 8:00 AM, hepcat said:

I’m just gonna go ahead and mark this trade under FAILURE. It was a total knee jerk move to replace Jaycee Horn and it has failed. 

CJ Henderson has barely seen the field and has been a healthy scratch on game days. Rumor has it he doesn’t care about football. When are we going to see this guy play? Next year? Never?

Meanwhile, Dan Arnold continues to improve on the Jaguars and had started developing a nice rapport with Sam Darnold. Also giving away a 3rd round pick stings even more. 

Keith Taylor is a rookie quickly ascending into starting caliber corner. AJ Bouye came back from his suspension and has played average. Rashaan Melvin has played similarly. And lest we forget they traded for Stephon Gilmore too. Henderson doesn’t fit in the CB room now.

I’d rather have that 3rd round pick and Dan Arnold right now. Side note I wish this team would throw resources at the offensive line like they have at cornerbacks 

WOW SOMEONE FINALLY WOKE UP I GOT LAMBASTED FOR THIS

On 11/12/2021 at 8:00 AM, hepcat said:

I’m just gonna go ahead and mark this trade under FAILURE. It was a total knee jerk move to replace Jaycee Horn and it has failed. 

CJ Henderson has barely seen the field and has been a healthy scratch on game days. Rumor has it he doesn’t care about football. When are we going to see this guy play? Next year? Never?

Meanwhile, Dan Arnold continues to improve on the Jaguars and had started developing a nice rapport with Sam Darnold. Also giving away a 3rd round pick stings even more. 

Keith Taylor is a rookie quickly ascending into starting caliber corner. AJ Bouye came back from his suspension and has played average. Rashaan Melvin has played similarly. And lest we forget they traded for Stephon Gilmore too. Henderson doesn’t fit in the CB room now.

I’d rather have that 3rd round pick and Dan Arnold right now. Side note I wish this team would throw resources at the offensive line like they have at cornerbacks 

dude it's entirely too early to say this, it's been a few weeks since we traded for him and he was dealing with an injury upon arrival.  

Did people forget that he was hurt BEFORE we even traded for him? So dude comes in needing to learn a brand new defensive system, learn the terminology, and still needing to rehab because he's injured. Some people really have unrealistic expectations. This trade was always for the future anyway.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/panthers-cj-henderson-questionable-for-week-8/amp/
In his defense he has been hurt. I see a bright future with Horn, Taylor, and CJ but maybe I’m just overly optimistic. 

Need to include Hartsfield in the DB group. He was all around the ball today & is looking good at nickel. 

• Pie 2

Add a ball hawking free safety to this secondary and I think we have potential to be the best in the league.  CJ has potential.  Too early to know if this trade was a mistake.  I agree that 3rd would have been useful for the upcoming draft but... 

This defense could be special.  Missing pieces resigning gilmore and Dante ( if possible) ball hawk free safety and a legit new school elite athlete at MLB.  You know the type of MLB I'm talking bout a Devin Bush, Micah Parsons, etc.