• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LOL…Bridgewater.

Tbe

8 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady dives and misses tackling  Atlanta Falcons cornerback Robert Alford who returns an interception  82-yards for a touchdown during the second quarter at Super Bowl LI at

You’ll lose this argument, there’s countless videos on YouTube showing Brady’s “tackling attempts”.

Unfortunately for Bridgewater it was his lack of attempt that did him in. Brady on the other hand is notorious for “attempting the tackle” in a certain manner where there is no shot that he will actually make the tackle.

Example A:

image.gif.f8bf493d54ffa14a7b4708fb086ba9f6.gif

If Bridgewater would have done this no one would have said anything which is just as foolish as grilling the guy for not attempting the tackle at all.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

24 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

You’ll lose this argument, there’s countless videos on YouTube showing Brady’s “tackling attempts”.

Unfortunately for Bridgewater it was his lack of attempt that did him in. Brady on the other hand is notorious for “attempting the tackle” in a certain manner where there is no shot that he will actually make the tackle.

Example A:

image.gif.f8bf493d54ffa14a7b4708fb086ba9f6.gif

If Bridgewater would have done this no one would have said anything which is just as foolish as grilling the guy for not attempting the tackle at all.

I disagree. It's far worse to be clowned for not giving a crap than it is to be clowned for trying to help your team. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Seltzer said:

It's easy to cherry pick any one play to pile on someone.

It wasn't a great effort by Teddy but there is definitely a double standard with QBs.

Brady wouldn't even attempt to stop someone to risk getting hurt.

I was glad we got rid of Teddy, but I will never question his toughness. Anyone who does should read what happened to him on the Vikings practice field (he absolutely could have died or been permanently disabled) on one of the most freak sports injuries ever.

To be able to come back from that and play with guys coming at you every play... only a couch warrior would discount that

It's more the fact Bridgewater had to actively get out of the way that's the problem.

Nobody is expecting him to try to chase down a defensive player.

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It sucks for Teddy but there is a double-standard for this type of play.

If this was Murray, Allen, Mahomes, or any other elite QB then you likely wouldn’t hear anything about this.

Because it’s Bridgewater (average starter at best) people expect him to risk a possible injury to make the tackle.

I still wish Cam wouldn’t have chased down Trovon Reed in the Chargers game… it would be interesting to see where he would be today if he never suffered his initial shoulder injury on that tackle.

This is along the lines of one thing that infuriates me when Cam is brought up.

People always make a big deal of "not diving" with the Super Bowl fumble. Not only would Manning or Brady NEVER done that, I can actually see Rodgers clearly in my mind, hanging his head and walking back to the sidelines the second the ball hit the turf.

That was the very last chance to win that game, and Cam was about to get absolutely murdered by Von Miller and a whole gang of other defenders. I really think Cam would have suffered several injuries if he had just "dived on it".

The picture people use to make fun of him for it is always super zoomed in and never shows the 4 dudes around him getting ready to kill him, with none of his O line anywhere close.

6 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

this doesnt even include his game clinching throw away at the 2:30 mark in the game. 4th and goal and all he had to do is throw it to his wide open reciever, but instead he threw it out of the back of the endzone 10 feet over a wide open receiver.

A game he will def want to forget.

Damn, I didn't see that one. Probably not, but is there a clip for that around?

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

here you go. I already earmarked it for you too. (11:20 mark)

Thanks, and oh man, that was really bad. I mean, it's 4th down, at least give your man a chance at catching it. What was even the point of "directing traffic" like he did if he was just going to toss it like that.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

This is similar to Cam getting flack for not diving on that fumble in the Superbowl...

Was a bad action from Cam for sure, but Cam put himself out there every week without hesitation. Teddy does not. Stuff happens and it's easier to write off as a fluke when there is so much evidence to the contrary, a la Kasay in the Super Bowl.

The All 22 of this play is even worse.

21 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

This is similar to Cam getting flack for not diving on that fumble in the Superbowl...

Not really. Cam didn’t make a business decision, he saw what was going on and knew he wouldn’t be first so he looked for it to squirt out. Already had defenders crashing on it before he had a shot. Cam woulda suplexed Slay

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, AggieLean said:

I mean, Teddy could have made an attempt, and while he could have slowed Slay down, he wasn’t going to be able to tackle him.

Im not as hard on QBs when it comes to stuff like this. Cam ruined his shoulder making a tackle, that looking back, I wish he would’ve just let him go.

i meeeeean... 

yes... but there are also situations where you turn it on anyway. this wasn't the second quarter or a blowout. tight, one-score game when playoff seeding is starting to form. that's when you take the ol' nestea plunge

7 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Not really. Cam didn’t make a business decision, he saw what was going on and knew he wouldn’t be first so he looked for it to squirt out. Already had defenders crashing on it before he had a shot. Cam woulda suplexed Slay

After a blatant uncalled helmet to helmet via Miller. They could have done anything they wanted and got away with it in that game.

• Pie 3